Power valves, again

Got questions? We got answers....
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Yeah I keep meaning to get some pics. I need to rework the plate to make mounting the plastic cover easier. I'll try and get some quick pics tonight. I have the RH cover off to keep an eye on it, so it's easy enough to snap a pic.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Please do. I want to add your mod to my bike when I do my rebuild.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
dfeckel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by dfeckel »

Grrrr....

On my last ride, I noted a significant lack of mid-range snap, and I assumed my left side valve was broken/stripped in my '90-engined hybrid. So, I ordered up a new one. I finally got around to opening up the motor yesterday, and wouldn't you know it? BOTH valves were snapped. The left side below the gear, and the right one above the gear. The rod-retainer screw was loose. Of course, I have a big ride planned for next week, so I made a hurried call to the dealer to get a new right side valve. If all goes well, I should have it all back together just in time.

I'll assemble it with the Juliend "Bigfoot" plate with an extra hole drilled for the retention screw as well, which I will loctite. This is the last chance for the E-series engine in my hybrid. If I break another valve, I'll rebuild the H-series motor I snagged on CL and put it in.

Here's the Bigfoot thread:
http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.ph ... ht=bigfoot
David Eckel