Dodged a bullet

Got questions? We got answers....
mattR

Post by mattR »

Illinois
97 KDX 220
Hellbender

Post by Hellbender »

I built these one afternoon (I have the Works Connection guards, too) for side impacts and small trees (less than 4 " diameter :grin: ) smacking them.....

1/4" x 1" steel bar bent in the rectangle shape, bolted to the frame in 6 places, plus a rod going back to the motor mount bolt. Nothing touches the radiators. I have (since these pics) slightly changed the support rod mounting where it bolts to the motor mount, it is now in front of the bolt head instead of on the top.

HB
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Sweet! Apply for your patent, now. :grin:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

Mongo like!
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
JD

Post by JD »

I still have a question. Looking at the pictures of the WC braces and the Devol guards it would seem that the Devols offer the same side protection the WC braces do, because they extend around the outside of the radiators, plus offering the frontal protection. The only difference would seem to be that the Devols bolt to the front of the radiator and the WC braces mount to the back.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here.
'04 200
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Sorry to drag this out of the archives but just to verify, can the Devol guards and Works Connection braces be used at the same time ?? If so did they have to be modified in any way ??

Cheers,
Trev...

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."