Identify FMF Gnarly Pipe, and jet Question

Got questions? We got answers....
raisedinal

Identify FMF Gnarly Pipe, and jet Question

Post by raisedinal »

I just bought a used FMF gnarly pipe on Ebay. It arrived and is in pretty good shape. I'm replacing Stock so either desert or Woods would be a great improvement.

The Seller Thinks they remember it being the woods pipe but wasn't sure and I dont' see any identifiers on it? Is there a way to tell the difference?

Secondly Should I plan on rejetting after adding just the pipe? or is the change enough to require it? (I need to double Check RB's Jetting anyway since it does have a bog)

Thanks Ya'll
2002 KDX220, Wiseco piston, RB Head and Carb, FMF Rev, 0.41 fork springs in stock forks.
zomby woof
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by zomby woof »

Have a look on the FMF website.
They show 2 different part numbers (on one of the mounting tabs), and also the correct jetting.
If I recall, the desert pipe was the larger, and about 15" circumference at it's largest section.

Other people here have more experience with it than me. I'm sure they'll chime in.
Ontario, Canada
raisedinal

Post by raisedinal »

>|<>QBB<
zomby woof wrote:Have a look on the FMF website.
They show 2 different part numbers (on one of the mounting tabs), and also the correct jetting.
If I recall, the desert pipe was the larger, and about 15" circumference at it's largest section.

Other people here have more experience with it than me. I'm sure they'll chime in.
Well it says 020056 Which the FMF site says is the Desert pipe instead of the woods pipe! the ebay description said they thought it was woods. SO I'm kind of bummed since coming off of of 4 strokes I kept stalling the KDX on hills because I didn't keep the RPM's up and was looking forward to the grunt in the woods.

But after a search I am seeing many of you enjoy the desert pipe in the woods? Well its here so I'll give it a go!
2002 KDX220, Wiseco piston, RB Head and Carb, FMF Rev, 0.41 fork springs in stock forks.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It will still have more grunt than the stock pipe.....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "