Accerbis DHH headlight

Got questions? We got answers....
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Oh. Another E-line setup.

Not exactly a mere coil replacement.

Hadn't better be 'merely' anything for over $400.

Ouch! :shock:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
zz3gmc

Post by zz3gmc »

Actually just over $300. My girlfriend had qualified for the ISDE in Brazil in 03 and we couldnt get the powerjet lights working well enough. Powerjet carb equipped KXs are able to run basic lights off of the powerjet coil, about 25w. My girlfriend called Eline and they hooked us up! The coil was shipped to us but the bike was already enroute to Brazil. We ended up setting it up on my KX, figured it out, then took it off and installed it on her bike when we got to Brazil. Unfortunately, jetting issues took her out on the 1st day. She hopes to do it again someday but the costs are crazy!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

$300 for an ISDE-bound contender maybe.

Kudos to the qualifier!!

..and hope she's recovered from the mental derangement. You have to be crazy to ride in a final ISDE event...not to mention the craziness required to be eligible.

The mental and physical mettle it takes to get there is incredible.

...besides the requirement of being independently wealthy. Or, the ability to talk a LOT of people into emptying their pockets for 'ya.

:prayer:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
zz3gmc

Post by zz3gmc »

Not wealthy, there were a few fund raisers and donations, less than a grand in total, all very much appreciated though! We took a loan out and just did it. Took us forever to pay it off but it was worth it. We have since bought a house, so for now, any ISDE trips will be put on hold for a while longer. She's getting the itch though! Met Jeff Fredette there, he's a class act! Sorry about hijacking the thread.