Ergos on KDX?

Got questions? We got answers....
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Ergos on KDX?

Post by wanaride »

I'm still pretty new to dirtbiking, and since I haven't ridden many bikes, I'm not sure if my bike "fits me" or not. It feels okay, but if you've never had steak, bologna can taste pretty good...

I'm 6'2, so I'm just a little taller than avg. I haven't installed tall seat foam yet but I'm thinking about it. I have already reversed the handlebar mounts and installed CR-Hi bend bars, but other than tilting the lever positions, I really haven't done any ergo mods to the bike.

Has anyone tried a footpeg that ran a little lower than stock? How about a longer shift lever? (I'm having problems getting my size 11 Tech 8s under the lever while riding.) Other than taller seat foam, what ergo mods should I consider?

Thanks for your help!
Last edited by wanaride on 01:32 pm May 19 2005, edited 1 time in total.
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

10.5 pffff I'm a 13-14US :lol: I had to extend the foot levers. Just get some flat steel bar and cut and weld a new piece in, grind it clean and add silver paint.... Too easy. I first used a 1.5 inch long piece but ended using a 1 inch piece to extend them, so you shouldn't have to extend them alot. I'm going to widen my footpegs next. An old peg cut in half and welded on the back of your exsisting pegs will work too. Also bar risers can raise your bars another 1/2 inch or so. :partyman:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."