custom top triples from rsw racing

Got questions? We got answers....
grumpyman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

custom top triples from rsw racing

Post by grumpyman »

hey all
i am going to run my old 98 kdx front forks down to ron at rsw racing in gilroy so he can make an aftermarket top trip with more positioning options and height options with his 2" and 3" clamps for 7/8 and 1 1/8 bars

ron is interested in what changes or options kdx riders would like as well i.e. different geometries or different sizing for other forks

just trying to guage interest in this ... we are going get a top triple done to help out my buddy who's over 6ft to give him a little more room to work in and once he has the measurements it's just cranking them out on the cnc

ron has a website http://www.rswracing.com

there are pix of his triples on my xr600 in the xr600/650 forum over on thumpertalk

i have no financial interest in this at all now or ever
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

If I'm gonna put that kinda money in my bike, it won't be on an aftermarket top clamp for the spindly stock forks. No offense intended or implied. A nice aftermarket set of upper and lower triples for fitting late model KX forks would be trick though....
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

>|<>QBB<
juliend wrote:If I'm gonna put that kinda money in my bike, it won't be on an aftermarket top clamp for the spindly stock forks. No offense intended or implied. A nice aftermarket set of upper and lower triples for fitting late model KX forks would be trick though....
..."ron is interested in what changes or options kdx riders would like as well i.e. different geometries or different sizing for other forks "

Sounds to me like RSW will/could set you up with different geometries AND different sizing for custom forks which would be both trick and $85 is cheap IMHO.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
grumpyman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by grumpyman »

$85 for the top triple only BUT he could do a bottom as well if you wanted diff offsets and whatnot
running his top triple on my big red pig has made a night and day difference in the handling ... although we are talking early 90's bar placment here and not the slightly more modern kdx set up
my own kdx has the 98 rm250 rsd twin showas with a pro cicuit top triple which has gotten my bars a bit more further foward than stock and feels better while standing
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

If he could make a triple set (upper & lower) that used the KDX stem, would fit late model KX forks, and retain the stock KDX geometry, I would be very interested in a set. Well, if the price was kept reasonable.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
grumpyman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by grumpyman »

from talking to him i would guess he would need a stock kdx and a set of late model forks to get measurements from
i'll know more when i get down there with my stuff
grumpyman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by grumpyman »

what is the difference in geometry between the kdx and the kx forks?