Clutch basket rubbers

Got questions? We got answers....
santidreamer

Clutch basket rubbers

Post by santidreamer »

I am in the process of doing a complete engine rebuild on an 89-93 E series.

I have a new clutch basket coming and the ring gear it bolts to is in good condition.

The rubbers which fit over the 6 countersunk screws that bolt the 2 items together feel like they are missing. The basket and gear rotate easily and slightly in relation to each other hitting metal on metal.

I can not find where to buy these rubbers, I have found a supplier that sells rubbers for later models are they the same?

This bike is the SR version PE 28mm carb and oil pump, I already have a new PWK 35mm carb and air box rubber.

Now I need the black rubber intake manifold, will one from a later model (say 1999) fit?

Thank you for helping
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

The only place I found the basket/gear rubbers was FRP (Fredette). They weren't new..and as I recall he said he couldn't get them.

The pieces I got from him were 'used but still good'.

You can contact him through his website.

As far as the intake question...I have no idea. I DO know that EVERY time an assumption has been made about the SR version (what fits it, what don't), it's been wrong.

If you take some measurements of the hole spacing/layout of your SR flange (that obviously mates to the SR cylinder), I can compare them to mine.

Something else to consider...reeds. That a reed cage that will fit to your 35mm intake boot will FIT into your cylinder is not something I would assume is true.

Of course...someone that had gone through this already would be a useful reference. One rider in Japan did this years back..but I haven't seem him on this forum for a long time...doubt he's an active member. No...I don't recall his user-name either.

Wouldn't hurt to ask Fredette that question. Well..other than to take up his time.

I came across an online SR fiche sometime back. I'll see if I can find that. It may have some useful info on the boot fitment.

Post those measurements if you wanna......

**edit**

Found some fiche pages here. He indicates he got 'em from BikeBandit.

I was hoping the carb boot might look obviously different in some way...but it don't that I can tell.
Last edited by canyncarvr on 12:23 pm Nov 30 2009, edited 1 time in total.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
santidreamer

Post by santidreamer »

Thank you for taking the time to help me.