Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Here is a thread for your reference...

http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1081
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
svtman79

Gnarly Pipe

Post by svtman79 »

So I put a 12 tooth front sprocket on my bike. This helps the low end a lot. I am ready to buy the pipe and reeds now. I am getting the 607's for the reeds. It is a toss up between the Pro Circuit and the Desert. I am leaning towards the Pro Circuit. What are your guys thoughts Also do you guys run spark arresters or just silencers?
Ryan Z
1999 KDX220
FMF Gnarly Desert
Boyesen 607's
Air Box Mod with No Toil Filter
12 tooth front sprocket
Jimmy Button Bars
Tusk Bark Busters
.42 kg Racetech springs
Maier MX fender
saddletramp
Supporting Member

Post by saddletramp »

It seems like most run the desert on a 220. Nothing wrong with the stock s/a no need to change the packing ever.
2000 KDX 200 97 KX 125 Front End
1996 CR 250
03 RM 65 2000 YZ 80
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

hey man whats up??? from what ive seen you sem to be looking for a lot oflow end???? Well IMO, I run a stock front sprocket with a 52 tooth rear. This means that 1st gear is useless, and your main gears are about 2nd, 3rd and 4th. 5th and 6th are nothing but high RMP.

This is on a stock bike though.

What I have recently done though is, put the same 52 tooth sprocket, with a desert FMF pipe, and what i have experienced is my bike balacing out. Instead of my bike being a tractor and pulling wheelies in 1,2,3,4 (which resulted in a fractured tibia, Torn Mcl, and ripped araprt ACL) the bike is more like a Harley. LOL.

What you gotta do is look at what you ride mainly. If you mudbog alot, then get the woods and mabye even a bigger rear sprocket. If not, then go the contrary. I say go with a rear sprocket because for me it is a LOT easier and cheaper to get those parts then drive ones etc. Either way just tailor your bike to what you mainly ride and remember the KDX is a Bushwacker not a track duster. Hope this helps.
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!