RB recommended Boyesen 607's But I got "Pro series"

Got questions? We got answers....
raisedinal

RB recommended Boyesen 607's But I got "Pro series"

Post by raisedinal »

Just sent my head and Carb off to RB...My piston is on its way so I can replace that this weekend. In speaking With Ron about recomendations with his modifications he Mentioned Boyesen 607's When ordering I didn't see a number designation but I saw "Pro series", "Super Stock Carbon" and "Super Stock Fiber" I ordered the "Pro Series" BUT on clarification from RB he was speaking of one of the Boyesen Stock replacement reeds which are half the price.

Should I return the "Pro Series" and get one of the "Super Stock Carbon/fiber" reeds because he recommended it or did I just go a step better than his recommendation?

I'll get a "woods" pipe in a month and was thinking to keep the silencer unless there is a benifit (Besides Weight) with some of the aftermarket ones?

As always...Any input is appreciated!

Thanks

JT
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

I can't comment on the reeds you ended up with. I have the 607's and no complaints.

The only problem with the stock silencer is plugging. I got my head and carb done by RBD only to find that my stock silencer was so plugged up the bike would not GO. That plugging kind of sneaks up on you. It is probably the result of years of running nothing but tight ST
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Those reeds are fine, i've got a set on my 89 with an RB carb and its a nice setup.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

The 607's are "boyesen power reeds".

Pro series are carbon fiber reeds
Power series are the dual stage reeds (#607 for the KDX)

Those are the only ones I know of? I've heard of some pretty bad problems with cracking and chipping from the Pro series reeds. I'd send them back and get the power reeds if it were me.
raisedinal

Post by raisedinal »

Ok...I just ordered the Power reeds. And I'll return the Pro Series when they arrive! I can't deal with cracking and extra maintenance on this bike right now as an extra bike, If I was racing and always into my motor it'd be one thing but I need something I can put it in and forget it! I may try them down the road but for now I just want to get the piston swapped and it running so I can ride without thinking it will implode!

Thanks for the input Ya'll
2002 KDX220, Wiseco piston, RB Head and Carb, FMF Rev, 0.41 fork springs in stock forks.