KDX200 Selling!!!!!! Or maybe - what are peoples thoughts.

Got questions? We got answers....
Neesmo31

Post by Neesmo31 »

removed, prev owner took it off, never gets that hot though, even in thick sand.
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

I owned an 04 crf250x (all the free mods) and put about 70 hours of riding time on it. Good bike. I sold it and bought a KDX220 that I did some mods on for the tight trails I like to ride.

IMO, the stock kdx forks are no match for the crf units (not even close, even with the right springs installed), and the power delivery of the crf is generally broader than the KDX200 (I owned/rode several). For most trails that are not really tight and technical, the crf is a better package IMO. However, for really nasty stuff, a modified KDX (USD forks) is a better mount for experienced riders. The KDX is a good 20 lbs lighter, has a lower cg, better off-idle hit for quick wheelies, etc.

On the trails I ride, the crf's higher cg would get me in trouble - if I clipped some brush it was much harder to recover, for example.
The crf will spank the much shorter wheel-based KDX on fireroads, regardless of power, it just handles that kind of stuff better (the honda also has better brakes, especially the rear).

The KDX220 I own will always make a difficult vertical single-track with a mondo-sized root halfway up, the CRF would only make it about 1/3 the time, due to slower revving engine and more weight. Fanning the clutch does not bring on the rev's like a 2-smoke. You can hop up a CRF with the 250 mx'r parts, pipe, header pipe, head etc. and they will move very well indeed. I know in the Polish ISDE there were CRF250x's everywhere (and failed intake valves everywhere too, LOL). Spare CRF heads were in big demand!

A modified KDX is a better tight-technical trail machine, a CRF250X is less focused, and as such, is a better all-around bike for most folks, IMO.
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
Neesmo31

Post by Neesmo31 »

Thanks for the writeup gumby - much appreciated.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|QBB<[/url]
Neesmo31 wrote:did someone say black rims on red hubs? lol

sorry couldnt help myself. yeah i might keep it for the time being and see how she goes. its been a really good bike and im starting to learn the bike pretty good now.
That's more fugged up looking than my riding gear!

:shock:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Neesmo31

Post by Neesmo31 »

Naw cmon where is your christmas spirit? lol.
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

My favorite part of your bike is the big cartman sticker with the cop glasses on! I remember that eppisode! It's tough working the beat on the street.... Sweet!
Yes, they really do let me drive the Train!
1991 KDX 250 $Sold but not forgotten....
1996 Suzuki DR 350 $Sold!
2002 Honda CR 250 worth more than my house at this point........ :-)
2004 DR 650se Road Warrior
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
Neesmo31

Post by Neesmo31 »

The text running accros that picture says - "Respect My Authorita!" lol.
keatron

Post by keatron »

33 horsepower is way off for the crf 250X and wr 250 f, it produces 26 horse power stock, the motocross version are the ones that produce 32, thats why i decided not to buy a 250x and buy this kdx, (which i might add i got yesterday) the kdx 220 produces more horsepower its 25 pounds lighter, and much easier to maintain. not to mention it was 2000 dollers cheaper! And as for 450s they got a $#@& load of power i road a brand new crf 450r yesterday just on the rd and it went like stink wheel popping power!. But for where i ride thats just way to much (vancouver island)
the fear of death only fallows from the fear of life itself, a man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
Neesmo31

Post by Neesmo31 »

Thanks for all your help guys but i guess it doesnt matter anymore - well not for a while, got caught in a rut, leg come out and jarred my knee, possibly torn cartilage inside. Excellent, so i guess i gotta get well before i think about riding again. :(
KDX220rser

Post by KDX220rser »

i did get a chance to ride one last weekend. its ok. but i have never raced, and my kdx is BONE stock. my front shocks need to be rebuilt. I just put a new top end on it.. ok weisco piston... ok not Bone stock, but stock none the less.. im 22 and only been riding for about 2 years now since a 8 year break. the guy on the 250x was about 45 and started riding when he was 3 on his dads gas tank.... and he could not leave me. This was the fastest i have ever riden in my LIFE!! he was a A rider for sure. He was used to 450x but said he never used the power of the 450. His son was on a 450r as was super fast. The only thing i would part with my 220 for is a 250xc. the only way i will get on a 4t again is if someone forces me!! stick with the KDX man.
09 KTM 250 XC-W
2005 KX-DX Hybrid
03 Ozark (under construction)
1978 Honda NC50 (under construction)