Best Pre-Mix Ratio for a 02 KDX 200

Got questions? We got answers....
jtranger_1

Best Pre-Mix Ratio for a 02 KDX 200

Post by jtranger_1 »

I have been running 32:1, but I seem to be getting a lot of exhaust spooge. Would going to 40:1 (Amsoil Domator) solve the excessive spooge problem in the exhaust?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Most use 40:1 which is a good ration. Just make sure it is jetted correctly.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

40:1 is fine, but to answer your question, no it will not solve your spooge problems. Only jetting can help alleviate that. Also, must of us have found that it is nearly impossible to eliminate all spooge on the kdx while keeping a good performing tune.
jtranger_1

Post by jtranger_1 »

Thanks for the quick replies. When I first got the bike, I found that it had stock jetting. Up here when I ride in Idaho, stock jetting is way, way to rich (around 4,000 up to 10,000 feet in elevation).

I changed out the pilot and main jet and lowered the needle, but I may need to go lower.
Byte

Post by Byte »

should i change my stock jetting on my kdx220?

300m elevation with temps from 18degC to 30degC.

Byte
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I don't know... should you?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
TWMOODY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TWMOODY »

I have found that after your bike is jetted properly you will still have some spooge but using toluene with your gas creates a black dust at the exhaust tip instead of spooge plus it's seems to improve the power and response
of the bike also...

Have you repacked your silencer ??
SteveWR450f

Post by SteveWR450f »

Its a 2 stroke. A little spooge is a good thing. Means your top end is getting lubricated well. If bike runs good - no bog, etc - then dont worry about it.
WR sold. Now have 03 and 04 KDX 220s.
KXF 250 forks. RB Carb and Head. FMF rev pipe. Long live the KDX !!!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Never..never jet by spooge.

I've had this:

Come out of this:

As indicated already, there are lots of things that effect what's at the tip of your silencer; dry white exhuast, black powder, spattering spoo..and none of those necessarily have anything to do with jetting.

Oregon forces oxygenation of all fuels all the time..a new 'Save The World' idea from our idiot governor. In most locales (here 'fer instance) one can buy UNoxygenated fuel for off-road use. I get a big variance on tip 'output' just from station to station..who knows what evil lurks beneath one junk-pumper to the next. The alcohol free fuel is yet another different animal.

Jet your bike. If you don't know how...find out how. Don't expect to find a whole lot of value in what you read someone else has done..which isn't to say there is NO value in anecdotal input.

If you're running an OEM 220 carb with a 48/165 setup, chances are about perfect you're way off and anyone could tell you that.

But fine-tuning a carb 'thru the mail' isn't likely productive.

Anecdotal input on 'What ratio should I run?' is about as productive. Make the changes yourself..draw your own conclusions.

I've tried 32:1 in my KDX. I didn't care for it. I've tried 50:1..didn't care for that either. Jetting corrected in both cases.

I've run 40:1 in my Banshees. It worked fine. Figured I'd try a ratio change there, too. 32:1 worked much better. NOT intentionally, but stupidly (you never mix fuel in the tank..I know that..did it anyway) guessed my Banshee would take 2 1/2g. of fuel, put in the required oil for a 32:1 mix just 'cuz I didn't want to fuss with bringing oil in a separate container. It took 1 1/2g. Considering what was in the tank to start with and what I added came out to 'about' 25:1.

The Banshee never ran better.

The fact is, a 2T engine makes more power with more oil (jetting corrected..as long as you can still light the mix).

Toluene is candy indeed. Love that stuff!! Mix it with a little VP 110 (purple)!

See? Everyone has their idea of what works. Find yours.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
TWMOODY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TWMOODY »

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Just prior to what brings up the question, please find, 'Jet your bike.'

The subject was jetting.

What someone uses jet-wise in their bike and then recommends doesn't take into account someone else's bike condition, riding style, fuel, premix oil, air filter service interval/method, air screw tuning...etc. For the former to tell the latter what the 'correct' jetting must be isn't going to be of much value.

Take one bike ridden by two different riders in the same place on the same day with the same jetting, a brand new plug for each rider may look completely different from the other's.

Besides all that...who said 'no value'?

:hmm:

Not me. :wink:

AND...it's not fair editing your post when it's the LAST post on the thread...then it doesn't show 'Edited X times...'

That might make someone look all loony and stuff....... :rolleyes:

Of course, just 'cuz you're (collectively) paranoid doesn't mean everyone's NOT out to get you.

:razz:
Last edited by canyncarvr on 09:28 pm Oct 25 2009, edited 1 time in total.

Consider the source

TWMOODY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TWMOODY »

Don't expect to find a whole lot of value in what you read someone else has done..which isn't to say there is NO value in anecdotal input. :hmm:

Not sure who posted this ?? :naughty:
TWMOODY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TWMOODY »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:Just prior to what brings up the question, please find, 'Jet your bike.'

The subject was jetting.

What someone uses jet-wise in their bike and then recommends doesn't take into account someone else's bike condition, riding style, fuel, premix oil, air filter service interval/method, air screw tuning...etc. For the former to tell the latter what the 'correct' jetting must be isn't going to be of much value.

Take one bike ridden by two different riders in the same place on the same day with the same jetting, a brand new plug for each rider may look completely different from the others.

Besides all that...who said 'no value'?

:hmm:

Not me. :wink:

AND...it's not fair editing your post when it's the LAST post on the thread...then it doesn't show 'Edited X times...'

Of course, just 'cuz you're (collectively) paranoid doesn't mean everyone's NOT out to get you.

:razz:
I get a good laugh reading your posts, I really must admit !!
I guess you think you are the only one that knows anything
about KDX's or anything else for that matter.
You are the only one that is paranoid due to to fact that it took
you 15 years or what ever to learn how to work on a KDX and
feel as though no one else knows anything.
That's called arrogant in the world I live in.
Does it make you feel paranoid that what took you
15 years to learn some one else has learned in 2 ??

Collectively that is :butthead:
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

You're out of line.....besides being an ass.

Pick one: Drink a whole lot less before you make a fool of yourself, or, find someone else with another single brain cell to converse with before you run off at the mouth.

What 'paranoid' has to do with 15 years of anything can only come from a defintion contrived in your own dictionary.

As far as whatever world it is you live in, I'm sorry you had to have 'arrogant' taught to you from some other under-the-rock dweller.

You don't use a single cogent thought to form a sentence, let alone more than one to make what I presume you think to be a paragraph.

It's best to be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

YOU got a two-fer!

Congratulations.

Now...crawl back under that rock where you came from and consort with other like-minded mentalities as yourself.

Now...go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

Insufferable moron.

Consider the source

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

:pop:

I run Amsoil Dominator at 50:1..... am thinking of switching to Terminator though.....the website says it burns cleaner/less goo on the moving parts
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
Fork Swap - 99 KX125 Valved for B woods plush
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Is the OP still around?
Or did he get a satisfactory answer to his question, leave, and the rest of us are still sitting on the bench bickering?

I use Golden Spectro at 42:1 'cause it's the BEST 2-stroke oil and ratio.

Wanna know what I put in my transmission? It is also the BEST.

:lol:
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
plb

Post by plb »

I ride 1/36 because a lot of KDX riders uses 1/40 and the manual saids 1/32. So, I choose the middle!

I read something than 1/40 can use a little bit too fast the motor and the 1/32 is too rich and bad for the internal parts. So, I play safe with 1/36.

I know, it's a strange ratio, but I'm happy and confident with :supz:
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Re: 'I read something than 1/40 can use a little bit too fast the motor and the 1/32 is too rich and bad for the internal parts'

I translate that to: '40:1 causes/allows excessive wear on the engine' on the first part, and ' '32:1 is too much oil and will gum up internal engine parts' on the second part.

Correct? Just wondering..........

In any case...if you're happy with 36:1 (which means you figure your BIKE is happy with it also), I'm happy with it, too! And of course, we all know how important it is for THAT to be the case. :roll:

I do feel better..validated even... knowing that KarlP and I run the same premix oil, the same ratio AND the same tranny oil. It's the BEST!

Consider the source

Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:

You donut need any help there :wink:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS