V-Force 3 vs. Boyesen rad valve

Got questions? We got answers....
Little Jeff

V-Force 3 vs. Boyesen rad valve

Post by Little Jeff »

I have a 2000 KDX200 that has all the RB mods, FMF Gnarly pipe and a SA and 607 Boyesen power reeds. Bike runs great, but was wondering if either a V-Force 3 reed cage or a Boyesen rad valve might wake it up a little more. I ride all woods and no racing. What do you guys think. Sometimes I can't leave well enough alone :grin:
Little Jeff
Riding with your buddies and an adventure, riding with certain individuals is an ordeal.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

V-Force...

forget the RAD... they were never any good on a KDX.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Little Jeff

Post by Little Jeff »

Will the V-Force take anything away from the bottom end and what will it do for the top?
Little Jeff
Riding with your buddies and an adventure, riding with certain individuals is an ordeal.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Better all around... very noticeable!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
gregp

Post by gregp »

I have used both the V-Force and the Boyeson Rad valve with good results from both. The Boyeson appears to have a steeper angle on the reeds so you may have to replace them more often, but I never had a problem with mine.
The V-Force works well, and is a little cheaper, so I would go with that one.
2004 Dual Sported KDX200
1999 Ninja 250 (Daughter's)
1996 DR 650 (stock, mostly street use)
gregp

Post by gregp »

This one is said to outperform both the RAD valve and the V-Force, but I have never tried one.
http://www.mossbargerracing.com/index1.htm
2004 Dual Sported KDX200
1999 Ninja 250 (Daughter's)
1996 DR 650 (stock, mostly street use)
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Hmmmm..... same cage and reeds for the KX 125 and the KDX?

I don't know about that....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

SchafferFinney

Post by SchafferFinney »

I have a question about this topic. If the vforce is so much better, why does fredette swear by the boyeson? is there REALLY that much difference between the two?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Ask him. :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

>|<>QBB<
gregp wrote:I have used both the V-Force and the Boyeson Rad valve with good results from both. The Boyeson appears to have a steeper angle on the reeds so you may have to replace them more often, but I never had a problem with mine.
The V-Force works well, and is a little cheaper, so I would go with that one.
agreed, i have a 2003 220 with a boysen rad valve + reeds & mine works very well, there`s a noticable improvement in the bottom to mid range pull..you need to tweek the jetting slightly (down 1 size on the main jet ) i run a gnarly pipe with a power core 2 silencer, air box lid on with snorkle removed..i replaced the boysen rubber carb boot recently as i split it so i fitted my standard reed cage assembley while i was waiting for my new boot to arrive & seriously noticed the lack of torque that i had with when the rad valve installed!..ive not tried the v force but the boysen im pleased with.