BOSS, KICK PEDAL KDX220

Got questions? We got answers....
Byte

BOSS, KICK PEDAL KDX220

Post by Byte »

I have checked the online parts schematic without success.

I am wanting to know if a washer exists between the Boss (13061) and the case cover?

I ask this because I see a fait bit of clearance here.

Byte
Byte

Post by Byte »

and, where should the horizontzl part of the kicker be at rest?

mine is currentlt resting ontop of pipe.

thoughts?

byte
Byte

Post by Byte »

thoughtss?
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

The top part of the kick lever should come to rest just behind the top mounting tab for you pipe. Make sense? It should fit right in that little space.....hover, my new assembly (boss) from KAWI was not machined just right and the kick lever rests a little "forward", barely touching my pipe :(
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
Fork Swap - 99 KX125 Valved for B woods plush
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

There is a fair bit of clearance between the kicker boss and the case. It is not an interference fit, nor does one part rub on the other.

There is no washer shown in the IPB (Illustrated Parts Breakdown), 'cuz there isn't one to show.

Re: 'where should the horizontzl part of the kicker be at rest?'

Where you want it to.

As noted, it generally ends up between the frame and the pipe. A 'rev' pipe limits the space available somewhat, 'cuz it is larger in diameter than is the 'torque' pipe.

My shorty kicker (from FRP) 'fer example, just fits between the frame and pipe..and that is only with some filing on the 'heel' of the lever to clear the frame.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Byte

Post by Byte »

thanbks can
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Usually, one spline either way from where it does fit is too far...either way. It will hit either the frame or the pipe.

Where the problem generally comes in is when the kicker is bent. The OEM lever does get that way over time, especially if the bike gets kicked a lot.

Example: When my bike was fairly new, it took me awhile to realize that the reason I had to kick the thing breathless (well, I was the breathless one) to start it when hot was due to an incorrect pilot jet choice. My hockey stick (otherwise known as the OEM kick lever) didn't fit when tucked in at all.

But then...it didn't tuck in the first place because it and the boss were both worn out.

Now, my bike starts fine when it's hot! It just don't start when it's COLD!

That's a too-wide-gapped sparky plug. It runs so much better when it's HOT, though, I'll put up with a few kicks when it's cold.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!