Hyde Skid Plate

Got questions? We got answers....
mucka

Hyde Skid Plate

Post by mucka »

First post on this site. I just bought a 2006 KDX 200. I want to get a skid plate. I did many searchs on this site and did not find the answer to my question.
How are the HYDE skid plates holding up to the abuse of riding in the real world. I am a trail rider. I live in Ohio and we do have lots of rocks.

Is there some thing better than the Hyde? I will get an metal one if the Hyde is not working well. The Moose one looks OK to me. Would just like to hear any of your experiences with the Hyde.

Thanks
Russ
pietman

Post by pietman »

My friend has a hyde sump/exhaust guard on his ktm 200 and it's held up well. If you go for Hyde get the sump/exhaust combo imo, otherwise an alluminium guard would probably be better.

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That's kinda trick....

I guess at $175.99 it should be huh?

http://www.hyderacing.com/store/dirtbik ... dx_200.htm
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
mucka

Post by mucka »

I do like the Hyde ski plate / pipe guard combo. It does not fit my bike however. My bike came with a Pro Circuit pipe on it. The Hyde combo part only works on FMF pipes. I email Hyde and them told me it would work with any pipe as long as it was the exact same size and shape as the FMF. DUH...

Russ
pietman

Post by pietman »

>|<>QBB<
mucka wrote:I do like the Hyde ski plate / pipe guard combo. It does not fit my bike however. My bike came with a Pro Circuit pipe on it. The Hyde combo part only works on FMF pipes. I email Hyde and them told me it would work with any pipe as long as it was the exact same size and shape as the FMF. DUH...

Russ
Damn I was going to buy one of those next month but I also have a PC pipe.
SteveWR450f

Post by SteveWR450f »

The question I was wondering is does it fit the FMF rev or torq pipe. So I emailed the company. In the response they said they were only aware that one FMF pipe exists for KDX. :blink: So i did not get one but always wondered if the guard would fit on both pipes. Anyone want to try and post your results.

I think they have great products but have bad customer service. The folks at KTM talk do not say nice things about this company.
WR sold. Now have 03 and 04 KDX 220s.
KXF 250 forks. RB Carb and Head. FMF rev pipe. Long live the KDX !!!