Fork Springs for 190-200lb rider, and redoing shim stack

Got questions? We got answers....
raisedinal

Fork Springs for 190-200lb rider, and redoing shim stack

Post by raisedinal »

Hey all I ran across a site that had good recommendations for the suggested fork spring rates for 180-200lb rider. (didn't need shock springs for my weight)

AS well as other bikes I could find them from.

Does anyone know of this site or the information I seek? ( I think it was .38 rate? or maybe XR400 stock springs?)

Where do ya'll buy fork springs if I were to just order the proper rate?

As well I have revalved my own suspension in my XR650R based on various shim stack recommendations for different riding styles, has anyone made this sort of information available for the KDX forks more fine tuned than just removing 2 from the compression stack? (easy mod, but if I had it off I'd be willing to try something more fine tuned)

I wont be racing...just want it sprung to my weight so if I can't do it cheap I won't do it right now. (springs and 2 shim mod is in my cost and I'll buy some other shims if there is a good recommendations of stack combo's)

Thanks
I'm really enjoying this site!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Here is a XR 400 spring reference...

http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=448

Racetech has springs or you can order OEM Honda springs (Better) from Bikebandit or Ron Ayers
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
80elkster
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by 80elkster »

If you have the stock forks you can't do much with the valving other than removing shims. You'll see when you take the base valves out. You can go to Gold Valves from Race tech but I would recommend using that money to purchase and install a pair of USD KX forks unless you can get a screamin deal off FleaBay for the Gold Valves.
Good Luck
06 DR650 Farkled
91 WR250 2T
00 300EXC (Sold)
79 XS850 (Sold)
79 CR250 (Sold)
78 IT400 (Stolen)
75 G5 100 Kawi (Gave it away)
73 F7 175 Kawi (Sold)
70 175 Brigestone (Recycled)
05 KDX200(Son's)
93 KDX200