Lower fork guards

Got questions? We got answers....
zedsdead

Lower fork guards

Post by zedsdead »

Good evening.

I wonder if any one can help please. I have a 220 with the upside down forks, these have the protectors on them that slide up and down with the lower stanchion. My problem is that they are falling apart and breaking up. Does any one know where I can get replacements, my local shops just seem to think its so old they are not available any more.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated. Regards Zedsdead.
SteveWR450f

Post by SteveWR450f »

Sounds to me like someone did a fork conversion on your bike. You need to figure out what set of forks used to determine the correct fork guards. Most folks us KX forks for the conversion - usually KX 125 forks but frankly any brank could be used.

To help identify the forks, please post a picture. Measure the diamter of the forks at the triple clamps. I am sure some smart guys on this forum will help you figure it out.
WR sold. Now have 03 and 04 KDX 220s.
KXF 250 forks. RB Carb and Head. FMF rev pipe. Long live the KDX !!!
SteveWR450f

Post by SteveWR450f »

brand, not "brank" sorry typo

diameter, not diamter

I should go now before I mess up more. All these mistakes with no drinking yet. Amazing. :lol:
WR sold. Now have 03 and 04 KDX 220s.
KXF 250 forks. RB Carb and Head. FMF rev pipe. Long live the KDX !!!
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

You could always buy jen-you-ein Kawasaki parts for the appropriate year forks on a KX, or get some from UFO or another aftermarket source. The key is in knowing what year and model the forks are from.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It may be a SR... he is in England.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "