stuck clutch

Got questions? We got answers....
3dhunt
Supporting Member

stuck clutch

Post by 3dhunt »

what causes a clutch to stick when you put it in gear for the first time of the day? I run thin oil and always let things warm up, but i have to ride a ways with the clutch in before it breaks loose. Fine from then on. What is the fix for this problem? thanks 3d
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

All the Triumph motorcycles I have ever owned had this same problem. I would just pull the clutch in and kick the bike in the off position until it broke free. Dry plates is what causes it.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
3dhunt
Supporting Member

Post by 3dhunt »

does replacing plates correct or change anything?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

If you take the plates out... check the tolerence, soak in oil overnight and put them back in it may help....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "