Nuetech TuBliss

Got questions? We got answers....
ThePearl

Nuetech TuBliss

Post by ThePearl »

A little bit of an update on this Nuetech TuBliss System.

You have to get used to running with such low pressures as you do with this. Ive run as low as 7 lbs - great traction but a little squirrly on the road. I kept thinking I had a flat.

One real bonus with this system is the ability to continue to drive the bike on a flat without ruining the tire or the rim. I was out the other day and was a few miles back in the woods and had a sharp rock pierce my tire. I had a flat. I was alone with full gear on and it was about 32 C(90 F). I really did not want to get into fixing this on the trail. I fired up the bike, sat up on the seat a bit and rode out in second and third gear and even did a mile or two of pavement. Stopped in at a Buddy's place to let him see the results. No damage to either the tire or rim. In a straight line you can barely tell you are running flat - you can still wheelie on it - I tried.

I had forgot to put slime in the tire before that ride. That may have kept me from having a flat in the first place - so they say.

I brought the bike home, pulled the wheel off, pulled the tire off, pulled the TuBliss off (just to check it out), and put a plug in the tire. Reinstalled everything and aired up. Plug holding air just fine and then added SLIME for the next flat event.

Rode the bike for about 3-4 hours last Saturday with no issues with the plugged tire still running at 8-10 lbs.

CONCLUSION - the TuBliss can pay for itself the first time you ride the bike out of the woods on a flat without ruining your tire or rim. I think it is a great safety feature in that regard too. Fast too - if I had my plug kit with me, I could have fixed the hole in about 1 minute and aired up and been on my way - Awesome, much better than patching a tube. I think I will get one for the front next year.
2002 KDX 200