San Diego riders here?

Got questions? We got answers....
Mark W
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

San Diego riders here?

Post by Mark W »

My family is heading to San Diego the middle of June and I was wondering if anyone knows of any place to rent either dirt bikes or ATV's. Thought I would take the kids out for a desert ride for a day as we don't get to see too many deserts up here in the great white north.

Mark
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I'm down in San Diego right now visiting my son. He says probably not but check House of Cycles.
Also there are touring outfits that will provide rides in Baja, just about 20 minutes to the border.

BTW San Diego is absolutly gorgous right now! Went Tuna fishing yesterday and saw the Padres kick the Marlins but in the brand new Petco Stadium. Beautiful gaslamp quarter (old town San Diego) for a nice walk after the game too. The trolly is a fun way to get to the ball game. The aircraft carrier Midway is there and it's easy to get a tour. Take a bay cruise and see the subs in port being worked on. Just watch out for Navy seals in the Zodiaks and Uzi's!!!!

Go to the marina in Point Loma and get a deep fried squid sandwitch at Point Loma Seafood. Best sandwitch in the world!!!!

Of course there is Balboa Park, Marine World, Ocean Beach, Crystal Pier, a drive up the coast to Ja Jolla (sp) for some of the world's most expensive home viewing. Also, if you've never been to Tiajuana, do that too. Worth the experiance for the kids to see another culture. Great places for fish taco's all over the place if you look in the little neighborhoods.
If you are flying in, that's a blast. The airport is right downtown. You can literally look into office windows on the final approach!
A trip to Catalina Island is a great treat too. Visit the Hotel Del Coronado on Coranado Island. The Star of Inda; a tall ship, is in port and worth a tour. The Seaport village is a nice way to walk in the sun and do a little shopping. For a trip out in the country and through some desert, head to Julian. It's a small period town set up in the gold rush fashion. Lots of shops and history of mining there. The ride out of San Diego takes you past Merimar NAS where the Top Gun school is.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

You sound like a tour guide :lol: Nice write up, you make me wanna go... :partyman:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

SD rocks. It's a shame 100k/yr is practically poverty there, but I guess there is a reason for it.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

It's been said that San Diego is the most desirable place to live in the world. The climate makes me think that's true, the housing prices tells me it's impossible for me. A condo is at least $500,000 and the average home in a neighborhood is going to cost at least $1.2M.

I'm glad my kids live here and I can visit any time. Round trip air from my place to here is under $100 and they are only 10 minutes from the airport. Sweet!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!