radiator braces

Got questions? We got answers....
Little Jeff

radiator braces

Post by Little Jeff »

I called Works Connection hoping they might have some radiator braces for my 2000 KDX200. They said their computer said they had one pair left and three pairs for the 220. The 220 part# and the 200 part# were different. Will the 220 braces fit a 200? I would think they would as the bikes are almost identical other than bore displacement, right? Any info would be appreciated.
Little Jeff
Riding with your buddies and an adventure, riding with certain individuals is an ordeal.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I would sure think so.... Nothing is different on them except the topend and the chain. Oh... and the bold graphics! :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

This probably isn't helpful, but I notice that Devol radiator guards (replace the white plastic louvers..fit in front of the rads) are the same for the 200/220. The 200/220 frames are the same.

So...if they're the same in the front and the back..how are they different?

I don't know. Order both..see how they're different..send the one back that doesn't fit!

I've read from some riders that they think the Devol guards offer more protection in crashes than do the Works braces. I put Works braces on after I bent both my radiators (which took a ride or two). One of the Works braces is pretty well tweaked, but I've never had a rad leak.

I've read also some folks that absolutely have no use for the Works braces....too flimsy.

Considering where they are..they're like a glass chin, seems to me. Sticking out..in the front...first thing to get smashed when you crash pretty much. While any brace/guard is probably better than nothing, I would think it to be expected that NO brace/guard is going to protect your rads all the time. The best you can hope for is 'some' of the time.

Good luck. Let us know what you find out?

**Update**
Maybe it's a problem with the person you talked to.

On the web (mxdeals-dot-com), I see this (year as an example..they only went back to '02):

Works Connection Radiator Braces
Model: KDX200/220
Year: 02
$56.99

Wouldn't it be nice to call an outfit and get a decent answer? Looking at a computer screen, telling the caller what the computer says...that really isn't informative, is it? Sure...the warehouse may be miles away from the person that answered the phone, but it would be nice to have someone answering questions that actually KNEW something.

But...then you might have to pay them more'n minimum wage.

I emailed CBR Bearings last week about tapered roller replacement bearings for the steering stem on my street bike. I got a response from Mr. Rowlett within minutes affirming that he knew what they were, he had them in stock, he told me what they cost, and that he'd sold hundreds of such sets.

And that happened about 9:00P.M. to boot!

Service like that makes an outfit worth doing repeat business with..which is why I do repeat business with 'em.

..whatever that has to do with rad braces I don't know. But it does have something to do with decent customer service from a retailer.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!