Motion Pro fork bleeders

Got questions? We got answers....
kingsxjt

Motion Pro fork bleeders

Post by kingsxjt »

Anyone got any feedback on the fork bleeders? I was considering buying some. I have read that Alot of guys say use them often, but don't you need to have the front wheel off the ground before you do the deed? Does everyone get the front end of their bike off the ground before bleeding them? I'm thinking if I have to go through the trouble to put the bike on the stand why not just use a screwdriver, except for wearing out the threads. Thoughts, comments, derrogatory remarks?
2001 KDX 200
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yep... in the "product review" section. They don't have to be off the ground... just pull up until fully extended... and push... done deal!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Just hit a 60 foot double and press the bleeders at about the 40 foot mark :lol:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

You're too funny Trev!

I like my bleeders but do read the review, there are things to consider before just sticking them on the bike to be aware of. Someone really needs to make a schreider valve kit that is rugged enough. I think there is, just that it's about $100 and obviously rediculous price. If I find the source, I'll post in the review section.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
89kdx200rdr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 89kdx200rdr »

what? i hit my bleeders any chance i have while riding. i think they were 15 bucks
1989 KDX 200
2003 KX 250
2006 KX 250F
kingsxjt

Post by kingsxjt »

I'll check out the product review! Sorry bout that guys and again, thanks! :grin:
2001 KDX 200
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I've had 'em for awhile..and I haven't even read the review yet!! I probably have erred somehow....

But I sure like mine (and they are MotionPro). I used to think the handling problems I had late in a ride were my fault..getting tired, not paying attention..something.

But, no. It was pressure buildup in the forks.

I pop the bleeders several times a ride. Sometimes I pull up on the forks, sometimes I don't. You will find that you can vary your fork action by changing the air-shock IN them. Sometimes I push down on the forks a tad and then bleed 'em. Kind of depends.

Oh..and they're good for letting unwanted pressure off when you strap your bike in for the ride to/from, too!

BTW..I got the no-thread no-worries screw-'em-in type. If you drill and tap, they will be a bit shorter.

Now I guess I have to go read about all the bad things about 'em........... :wink:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

The only real bad thing about them is what happened to Doug. Ha! I still can't figure out how he busted one off, but it almost ruined the day. Yea, Marty for coming to the rescue.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
kingsxjt

Post by kingsxjt »

Thanks CC! I'll be buying some pronto! I liked the Moose ones for the height diff. but they go for $35 bucks and I can get the Motion Pro for about $22.
2001 KDX 200
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

They wouldn't be too hard to break off. Mine sit too close to my inside lever guard mount to suit me. A good wreck in all the wrong places would break it off.

...I don't want to think about it. I looked for my oem screws..didn't find 'em, haven't been to the hardware store to get new ones. I'm riding on borrowed time!!!

They are great handling improvement items!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

CC, see if the KX ones are the same size. Then use those for backups. I have a set of screw plugs in my fanny pack now.
To anyone getting fork bleeders: save the stock screws and keep them in the fanny pack in the event you have troubles.
Jerry

fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Good idea....
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project