All my questions are already answered!

Got questions? We got answers....
tommyd
Supporting Member

All my questions are already answered!

Post by tommyd »

Now that my odd problems have been solved on here (THANKS AGAIN!), I just wanted to say that every other question I've had was already answered by using the search function.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to type up an answer and deal with the same old newbie questions. It's a BIG help!
bcdonyo
Supporting Member

Post by bcdonyo »

+1 This is one of the best sites I've found. The fact that it is KDX only really makes it easy to find the info you need. Not to mention the time and effort other members have put into posting almost all the info you could need. Thanks to everyone here.

Hey Tom, still want to try my silencer? Let me know. I replaced the Kouba link with the stocker, lowered the forks back down to normal and cranked down on the compression adjusters. The boingers went from unbearable/un-rideable to tolerable (I still weigh 260). It's all I've been riding with Kelly lately, it's a super fun bike for slower paced stuff.

I took her down a pretty knarly trail, she was pissed, but once she made it all was OK.

I might not even do the mods I had planed, other than suspension, stabilizer and foot pegs. the original owner has the jetting spot on for the stock pipe, and I like how quiet it is. I have more powerful bikes for high speed desert stuff and can't wait to take the KDX to Lake Arrowhead.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Uh....she doesn't ride in that ummm...'attire', does she? You're familiar with the acronym ATGATT?

I spent a week on my streetbike over Idaho-way recently..saw a whole lot of Sturgis-bound Harley riders dressed about the same..jeans, sleeveless T-shirts, no helmets, passing in blind corners, with traffic oncoming..while their idiot pig so-called motorcycles wobbled, bobbled and shimmied all over the place. Seeing one of those jokers in the ditch with a yard of gravel crammed into raw flesh would have been cause only for a bit of a chuckle as I rode past. They're idiots..morons striving toward the natural selection process, begging for it to take action.

You don't want none'a that.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
bcdonyo
Supporting Member

Post by bcdonyo »

I'm usually a big proponent on wearing all the safety gear, and we're stupid for not wearing more, she does wear boots, gloves and a helmet. She has riding pants and a jersey, but won't wear them when it's like 105 out and you never hit more than 20 mph.

I admit to not wearing all my stuff when I'm following her around on her ttr125, but it's a snail's pace and hotter than hades here, even in the evenings when we ride. I'm probably a bad influence in my shorts and hiking boots.

She is starting to ride faster, so we've been looking at chest protectors and elbow pads etc. I figure about the time it cools a little she'll need them more, we've been riding almost every day and she's getting to that point.

I normally sport most the necessary safety garb. Here I am in Moab-safety first!
tommyd
Supporting Member

Post by tommyd »

Hey Don! I guess it's true what they say about cameras... Kelly doesn't look so skinny in that picture. I know she always wears her helmet because she gave me crap about riding the bike about 200 yards while I was trouble shooting it. I bought a stock silencer off of E-bay and it works fine... Thanks for the offer though.

I still have some work to do. It doesn't idle, it pings when I bog it and I need to really clean up the carb and see what jets are in it, etc...

The tank also leaks. I want a bigger tank but stock one's sure are cheap on E-bay.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Re: 'Kelly doesn't look so skinny in that picture...''

Oh my!!!

Yanno...the best time to find out it WAS poop is NOT when you are enjoying the oderiferous waft from your shoe...OR:

Looks like poop.

Smells like poop.

Feels like poop.

Tastes like poop.

It must BE poop!

The first one or two? OK. After that, you kind'a 'stepped in it'.

:shock:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
tommyd
Supporting Member

Post by tommyd »

I meant it as a compliment. She's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. To me she's too skinny... She had some health issues and is filling out a little. What do I know, I like curves... I rarely date white women

:lol:
bcdonyo
Supporting Member

Post by bcdonyo »

>|<>QBB<
tommyd wrote:I meant it as a compliment. She's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. To me she's too skinny... She had some health issues and is filling out a little. What do I know, I like curves... I rarely date white women

:lol:
Hey Tom, I knew what you meant. She is pretty scrawny. And it is true about cameras, why would believe I only weighed like 140 in that pic of me on the toy bike? Musta been the angle. :mrgreen: