White shrouds

Got questions? We got answers....
bcdonyo
Supporting Member

White shrouds

Post by bcdonyo »

Are the '99 white radiator shrouds still available from the factory? My local dealer couldn't/wouldn't tell me. Thanks.
tommyd
Supporting Member

Post by tommyd »

Is your local dealer a douche? If not let me know. I haven't been real impressed with any local dealership.

Don, I'll ask around. I didn't know they were white on the 99's. I wonder how they would look with a natural colored tank?
bcdonyo
Supporting Member

Post by bcdonyo »

>|<>QBB<
tommyd wrote:Is your local dealer a douche? If not let me know. I haven't been real impressed with any local dealership.

Don, I'll ask around. I didn't know they were white on the 99's. I wonder how they would look with a natural colored tank?
Hey Tom! I went to the "new" dealer in town and they're clueless. I order all my parts for my Euro bikes and the ATK from an out of state dealer. I'd like to find a good source for OEM Kawi parts.

I know IMS makes a natural tank that uses it's own shrouds, but The stock tank is good enough for what I'll be using it for. The 200 seems to get pretty good mileage, and I have ginormous tanks for my bigger bikes.

It might be blasphemous to say this on this site but I don't like green. :mrgreen: I caught crap from some Husaberg guys I used to ride with for changing my Berg to blue.
tommyd
Supporting Member

Post by tommyd »

>|<>QBB<
bcdonyo wrote:>|

It might be blasphemous to say this on this site but I don't like green. :mrgreen: I caught crap from some Husaberg guys I used to ride with for changing my Berg to blue.
I don't hate green but my 95 is just too green. I'm thinking about adding some white or black where I can. I wouldn't even mind the purple, just not with green.

The new Bergs are blue so at least that makes sense. The new injected 640 is awesome, but too spendy.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

As far as Kaw availability goes...look 'em up online. RonAyers, BikeBandit and such.

They made 'em in white? Not listed. Purple? If violet counts.

From RonAyers..$65:

Motorcycle | Kawasaki | 1999 | KDX200

49089E 49089-5234-6W SHROUD-ENGINE,LH,L.GREEN 1
49089F 49089-5235-6W SHROUD-ENGINE,RH,L.GREEN 1
49089J 49089-5258-RE SHROUD-ENGINE,LH,J.S.VIOLET 1
49089K 49089-5259-RE SHROUD-ENGINE,RH,J.S.VIOLET 1
49089N 49089-5281-6W SHROUD-ENGINE,LH,LIME GREEN 1
49089O 49089-5282-6W SHROUD-ENGINE,RH,LIME GREEN

They don't list them as NOT available...but, don't say they ARE, either.

Google the PN. Motosport.dot.com lists only the LIME green in stock.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

bikebandit lists white shrouds for the 99. Excellent price, lol. They may or may not be able to get them, you'd find out after you order most likely....

49089H:
SHROUD-ENGINE,LH,P.WH
599765-001 Enter 0-99 $79.21
49089I:
SHROUD-ENGINE,RH,P.WH
599766-001 Enter 0-99 $80.99
tommyd
Supporting Member

Post by tommyd »

I think they were cheaper from cheapcycleparts.com...$69.00 IIRC
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

>|<>QBB<
tommyd wrote:I think they were cheaper from cheapcycleparts.com...$69.00 IIRC
I may never order from them again. After waiting for 2 mo's for a universal rear fender? c'mon now. It's worth a couple bucks more to know the people on the other end of the deal have more than one collective brain cell.

J.
tommyd
Supporting Member

Post by tommyd »

>|<>QBB<
juliend wrote:>|<>QBB<
tommyd wrote:I think they were cheaper from cheapcycleparts.com...$69.00 IIRC
I may never order from them again. After waiting for 2 mo's for a universal rear fender? c'mon now. It's worth a couple bucks more to know the people on the other end of the deal have more than one collective brain cell.

J.
Oh, thanks for the heads up! That's good to know. I've never ordered from them and now that you brought this up I probably never will. There is a company that makes 4x4 parts that none of us will use because of the same issues.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I probably shouldn't be so harsh. They're not terrible, just well.. terrible. My buddy continues to order from them. Parts from an order will come in a little bit at a time, sometimes for a longggg time. Prices are good though, so if it's something you aren't in a hurry on they're probably worth a shot.
tommyd
Supporting Member

Post by tommyd »

Here are some on Da Bay... Might be a little rough for your clean machine though.

I don't know how to do a link on here. search for 99 KDX 200 radiator shrouds
bcdonyo
Supporting Member

Post by bcdonyo »

>|<>QBB<
tommyd wrote:Here are some on Da Bay... Might be a little rough for your clean machine though.

I don't know how to do a link on here. search for 99 KDX 200 radiator shrouds
Thanks Tom, found 'em, bought 'em. Let me know when you want to try the silencer. I also have a line on a possible used stock one off of a low mile '03 220. He went with an FMF Q right after buying it and the original should have almost no miles on it-Don
tommyd
Supporting Member

Post by tommyd »

>|<>QBB<
bcdonyo wrote:
I also have a line on a possible used stock one off of a low mile '03 220. He went with an FMF Q right after buying it and the original should have almost no miles on it-Don
I'm glad you got em.

I found a pretty clean looking used silencer while I was on there and it's on it's way.