Bars/Barkbusters

Got questions? We got answers....
bezoar
Supporting Member

Bars/Barkbusters

Post by bezoar »

I am looking to purchase barkbusters, and figured this would be a good time to change out the stock bars on my 2004 200. I have read multiple previous posts on this subject, but still a little confused. What I hope to accomplish is to get a bar and barkbuster that all fits together with minimal fuss.....such as sawing, bending, drilling, swapping.

So I am looking for some guidance.

What brand of bar and bend would you recommend ( I am 5'9" ) and what barkbuster will fit on this with the least fuss? I have read that the CR high are good for tall riders, but which bend for not so tall riders?

I don't know of any way to decide on which bar and bend to get other than asking advise.

Thanks
john316

Post by john316 »

Tusk D-Flex Handguards

I got these from Rocky Mountian for $54.99. They work flawlessly. Perfect installation, and the have saved both my hands and levers many many times.

I have Pro-Taper bars, CR high bend I think.

They are not he most expensive hand gards, but they work perfectly!!!
bezoar
Supporting Member

Post by bezoar »

Thanks for your help!
It seems that the CR high is very popular. Is it primarily for tall riders or would it be OK for a 5'9" rider?

I have heard good things about the tusk. I assume they clear the levers OK. I read where one person had to cut off the ball at the end of the levers to clear the handguard - just cant remember which brand that was.
MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

I have the Tusk D-flex and have had no problem with'm. I also got the Tusk alum bars (I'ma cheap bass turd) in CR high and they've been fine. I do cut mine down an inch for the tight woods.
I'm 5-9 also and track I like the lowest, flattest bar I can get. Woods a CR high is fine and desert I prefer an even taller bar.
04 KX-250 Hey.....at least it's green and smokes.
06 KDX-200 for off road play. Gone but not forgotten
07 KX-250F SOLD! I thump no more.
bezoar
Supporting Member

Post by bezoar »

Thanks, 2 votes for the CR high/tusk combo!!!!!
Varmint
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Varmint »

+1 on the Tusk D-Flex. I've had some pretty good spills and they have held up superbly. Bars... I'm putting on some Tusk big bars with the riser kit and big bar handguard adapters for the D-Flex... so much for the no-fuss requirement. ;)
In my garage
2003 KDX200
2003 KX85
2005 CRF230F
2009 300 XC-W(e)
My KDX