Roost Deflectors?

Got questions? We got answers....
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Roost Deflectors?

Post by Indawoods »

Who makes the best extra large roost protector so I can turn my head without rubbing my protector?
At times it has hung up for a split second and throws of the flow of the ride. It seems most of these are made for men smaller than 5'10" and 200# which is exactly what I am but it feels and looks like I am wearing a kids protector. (If you don't believe me... look in Fuzzy's gallery!)

I have found a Thor XL protector but at $130 I am a little hesitant in purchasing one without checking out all the options and asking you guys.

So, what should I be looking at?

Thanks!
Indawoods
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Not Fox ones, I'm 6'5" and mine looks like a bikini top :shock: on me. :lol:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Ewwww!!!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

:lol: Speaking of bad mental pictures... :lol:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
PhilJensen

Post by PhilJensen »

I love mine:
from http://www.rockgardn.com
Tell them Phil Jensen sent you.

Best protection available, and it fits perfect.

Phil
Rod Smith
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rod Smith »

Acerbis makes a ZOOM II Plus protector that works good for me. You can find them for about 120 online which still isn't cheap but it has lot's of room. I am 5'8" 220 so the protector is a little long for my frame but I needed the extra width for some reason. Oh to be 135 again and 25 yrs old!
2000 KDX 220
PhilJensen

Post by PhilJensen »

Oh, and here is a good reiew of the rockgardn. I found the review to be very true, so I won't write up my own.
http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/reviews/flak/

(and they go all the way up to 3XL to fit a 49" chest :grin: )

Way better protection than my hard plastic chest protector gave.

Phil
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

My sister has a armor jacket similar to the rockgardn (sixsixone I think) that she loves...her only complaint is that its easy to overheat wearing it.

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

There's some other brand I've heard of but can't remember. They make upper body protectors for the rodeo crowd as well, so you KNOW that's some serious protection. The problem is, as off road riders, we tend to overheat wearing something that doesn't breath. Unlike rodeo or even a 30 minute moto, we are riding for hours without stopping sometimes, like enduros; 5 or 6 hours with the only stop a 20 minute gas up.
I just bought a Fox AirFrame in Large. It isn't. Large that is. I'm 5'11" and 185. It's not too small but I sure wish it was longer in the torso. My belly is so exposed and my lower back as well. What ever you get, be sure to try it on first to be sure it fits.
Don't forget to post back what you got as well in the review section!!!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yeah... I don't want the body suit type. Just a good one that fits correctly. I have my mind set on a XL one even though by non-bike standards I'm not XL. I like the Moose one and the Thor so far....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "