KDX 175 parts

Got questions? We got answers....
xbolt22

KDX 175 parts

Post by xbolt22 »

I have an '81 KDX 175, and was wondering if parts from any other model/year KDX or KX might fit. Often I find that when searching sites, my bike isn't even on their search list. It would be great if I had more options when searching for things like spark plugs and such.

I have another question: what weight oil should I put in the tranny? Would 20/50 be ok? I've got lots of that sitting around for my Buell. How much oil should I put in? I know I need to get a service manual, and that's definitely on the list of stuff to order, I'm just trying to get as much done as I can until I can get one.

I appreciate any help you guys can give me.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

10w/30 or 10w/40 motorcycle transmission oil.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
nearma12

Post by nearma12 »

If you are looking for OEM parts for your KDX 175, you can get most of them through here Babbitts Online. They have your bike on the website. I know a guy who has a 1974 Kawasaki F7 175 and he got many parts from them. Hope this helps!
xbolt22

Post by xbolt22 »

Thanks for the tips. I have some 10w40 motorcycle oil in the garage. I checked out Babbits Online, they have good prices.
xbolt22

Post by xbolt22 »

I've got another question:
Is it possible to switch the 6v lighting coil for a 12v? I'd like to put a new headlight on, the old one is fubar. If I can do this, would I have to change anything else (ignition coil, cdi, etc.)?