should I sell it?

Got questions? We got answers....
ethanfoster

should I sell it?

Post by ethanfoster »

I am trying thsell my 95 kdx200, it's listed for 2100 and I got an offer for 1600, the bike has a full fmf system, boyesion reeds, new tires, sprockets and chain and a couple other spares like a tall seat, seat cover, original plastic, stock exhaust, extra thick rotor and maybe a few others. should I take the 1600 and sell off the other things on ebay or something or what?
ethanfoster

Post by ethanfoster »

or should I make a hybrid, I want a 125 because some friends showed me motocross tracks and i want a bike that is better for that, If i do the hybrid could I put on like a lighter flywheel wieght or a different power vavle spring etc,
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I think if you want to ride MX tracks you should get an MX bike.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Jonooffler

Post by Jonooffler »

Hi in the UK the market for KDX200 and 220 and just crashed big time, they are going of daft money, I would strip off all the good bits and sell them on ebay and but the old stuff back on thats the best way of getting your money back.
Jono
Been riding off road for 10 years still finding out how best to do it.Riden a DR125 then a DT125R then a DR125 then DRZ400 then XR250 then a TE610 now I hope that I have found the best a KDX220 just to add the KDX has gone now riding a WR426 which I love and is so much better than the KDX.
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Build a hybrid.
The 200 motor ought to be able to compete with the 125 just fine, if you are not looking for fame and trophies
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
ethanfoster

Post by ethanfoster »

well it would only be for riding not racing. but would a lighter flywheel make it feel more like an mx bike?
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Sure.
Head cut by RBD?
'08 KTM200xc
KX100 for the boy
ethanfoster

Post by ethanfoster »

i'm thinking i'll do a hybrid, does anybody know if the post 95 pipe will bolt straight up on a cr 125 frame?
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

I doubt it will without some changes and strategic dents.

Can you afford to buy a CR125 in running condition, get it's suspension and controls into working order, but not worry about the CR motor too much?

After the CR is happy you can plan the motor swap carefully.

Keep in mind the motor swap includes the KDX electronics, clutch and throttle controls, carb and pipe, airbox.

I only mention that because strange things can happen. The way I had to route the clutch cable on my CR/KDX ran it past a forkleg in such a way that it has practically worn a groove straight through it. I caught it before it did and filled the groove with epoxy. Had it worn all the way through it would have been disaster.....

A CR frame with a kdx motor will whup a CR frame with a CR125 motor in it, IMO :supz:
'08 KTM200xc
KX100 for the boy
NewMexico505

Post by NewMexico505 »

KDX's a lot newer than yours are selling for $1700 with all the goodies yours has included...its a good time to buy - not so good time to sell.

-Erik
ethanfoster

Post by ethanfoster »

not to good ges i building a hybrid
TWMOODY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TWMOODY »

A CR frame with a kdx motor will whup a CR frame with a CR125 motor in it, IMO :supz:[/quote]

If you KDX is running properly your KDX in a KDX frame should whoop
any 125 !!