Why is 200 considered better then 220?

Got questions? We got answers....
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

yeah, I loves me some KTM 300 motor. I'd love to have that in a Jap frame that I liked. The 300 I rode just didn't suit me, but that motor is very nice.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:You'll find something wrong. If you don't, look summore.

I've ridden a punkin 200exc. Power-wise it was enemic NOwhere.

imo...not to be confused with any published factual facts to the contrary..your mileage may vary...your rights may vary depending on your state of residence...please read and understand the complete MSDS published before use..concentration of contents for the purpose of inhalation may result in nausea, dizziness, and even death...price does not include taxes, license, transportion or documentation fees..amen

Dead on. We put new piston/rings in the punkin, and that thing is sick. Pretty much like my KDX on steroids. We were @ Brushy mtn. for about 8 hours yesterday. Had a friend who's a beginner out with us and he rode my KDX, I rode my other buddies 200 EXC, and he rode his YZ250. Had another guy along on a fresh yz125.

Same sort of smooth power delivery as the KDX engine, just more of it. I had a really hard time keeping the tires on the ground. The super stiff suspension really worked me over though. I'm more sore from that ride than I've ever been from the KDX. I'd have to soften that up for sure, were it my bike. I found it a lot less forgiving, and got myself into trouble several times.

Dunno that I'd trade the tractability and comfort of my KDX for it, but a nice darn bike for sure!
Last edited by Julien D on 02:40 pm Jul 20 2009, edited 1 time in total.
2FAST

Post by 2FAST »

I have had some good seat time on a KDX 220 and own 05 200 and to me the 200 just pulls harder!!! And as all above have said the 220 is more forgiving and can be lugged more so than the 200 BUT!!! to me it lack's everywere else in the RPM range . SOOOOOOOOOOO with all that being said I for one think both bike's are awesome but the 200 is better for me!!! And the 220 better off with the little ladies and young lad's :butthead: because of it's softer and more forgiving power band. :lol:
2005 KDX 200
2005 Raptor 350
2007 Grizzly 400
2005 Bruin350
1995 Bayou 300
1995 Magnum 425
1986 XR 250
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

:mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "