KDX200 Horsepower and Dyno Charts

Got questions? We got answers....

KDX200 Horsepower and Dyno Charts

Post by Guest »

How much horsepower does a stock 200 put out? Torque? Where can I find some dyno charts? Thanks.
John Cena

Post by John Cena »

stock horse powers 26, up to 36 hp with FMF, jetting and porting
layoutd

Post by layoutd »

Eatin' ain't Cheatin'
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Interesting to see the rev pipe make more torque than the torque pipe........Of course that's w/ a ported motor. Wish they would've dyno'd the stock KDX motor for a true baseline.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project

Post by Guest »

fuzzy wrote:Interesting to see the rev pipe make more torque than the torque pipe........Of course that's w/ a ported motor. Wish they would've dyno'd the stock KDX motor for a true baseline.
Exactly! Thats what I'm looking for, a stock dyno.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Nothing wrong with the question...but...how much torque or horsepower the bike dynoes out to doesn't mean much...like zero.

It is a complete waste of time to be shopping for a bike based on a pony number.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!

Post by Guest »

Thats not why I'm asking at all. I'm getting a KDX200, I was just curious as to the numbers.
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

Dusty 13 - I think you'll be happy. It may start at 26/27 hp but it can be bumped up another 6 or 7 very very easy. What more important is that it is power than can be used.

I used to run IT 175/250/400s and then moved onto XRs250/400, WR250 and then KTM 380s. Bought a KDX 200 for my boy a few months ago and I've ridden it 10Xs what he has. It is a fun bike period. Lots easier to throw around than a XR with a nice hit and good powerband for agressive trail riding. Pipe and fork springs are a must then you can have a ball!! I'm seriously thinking about getting one for myself and selling my 380. Much less tiring and I can ride it closer to its potential than I can the 380.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Alright! Someone riding a punkin finally comes to his senses and upgrades to a KDX!!!!

Now to answer your question of how much horsepower does a stock 200 put out?
I don't know.
BUT...........I do know that the KDX220R supplimental manual lists the maximum horsepower as 27kW @ 7500rpm. And as everyone knows; 27 kilowatts = 36.2075965 horsepower [international]
Yes folks, that is right! The stock KDX220 puts out more than 36hp stock!!!!

If you don't know, then look here: http://www.onlineconversion.com/power.htm

Why the 220 suplimental manual list the horsepower and torque specs and the 200 manual leaves these fields blank (page 1-5 of the shop manual) I have no idea.

Oh, the torque of the 220 is 25.5 ft-lb in case you were wondering.

It would be my guess the 200 has more horses but the 220 has more torque. Just a guess though.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

skipro3, 36 at the sprocket, but less at the rear wheel. There is a big difference.

Unless two bikes are tested on the same dyno, it doesn't make much sense to try to put much faith into it.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

Jason is right - got to be careful of where the horsepower/torque readings are taken. I think Jason may even be optimistic in assuming that the figure it taken at the sprocket - likely the 27KW figure is taken right off the crankshaft end.

Skipro - its not the color you ride its the fun in the ride. Take that however you want. LOL
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

dusty13 wrote:Thats not why I'm asking at all. I'm getting a KDX200, I was just curious as to the numbers.
Like I said...nothing wrong with the question.

And like he said:
IC wrote:Jason is right - got to be careful of where the horsepower/torque readings are taken.
I have no intention on treading on any toes...I was merely pointing out that dyno figures can be real misleading, and if used as a guide for bike-choice..well, they don't matter a whole lot.

The KDX is a very capable, dependable woods bike. You can tune it to pretty much any degree of scoot you want to.

..like
They all wrote: (insert what 'They all' said here)
Cheers!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Mark W
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Mark W »

Hey Skipro, was the manual you were looking at for this info the one in the garage, the one on the bookcase, or the one on the throne in your house. Just passing on some crapola

Mark
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Haw, Haw, Haw!!! This was the greasy one. I'll leave it to your imagination where it's located. :butthead:
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!