Fuel Economy/Ride Time

Got questions? We got answers....
Jeepster2

Fuel Economy/Ride Time

Post by Jeepster2 »

I got my 2000 KDX200 last fall and have the RB carb mod done, DFIII reeds, ProCircuit rev pipe, etc.

Before I head off into the woods I was wondering if anyone can give me a rough idea of how long a tank of fuel will last? I am running 44:1 Amsoil, but I don't believe that matters.

I am sure that the pace of riding effects the mileage, but I am looking for a safe range to plan on....

I am riding in Upstate NY so I won't be at high elevations.
dave04kdx
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by dave04kdx »

My 04 200 gets 60+ miles to a tank after the pipe and silencer, jetting, air box lid removal. My 88 200 did about the same.
At age 4 success is . . not peeing in your pants.
At age 12 success is . . having friends.
At age 16 success is having a drivers license.
At age 35 success is having money.
At age 50 success is . . having money.
At age 70 success is . . . having a drivers license.
At age 75 success is . having friends.
At age 80 success is . not peeing in your pants.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Figure on not more than 25 miles per gallon. I ride a 43 mile loop and that burns a hair under 2 gallons; say, 23 mpg. Keep in mind, if you drop the bike and lose any fuel from leaking, then the mileage for the day will change.

Some of the guys here stash a cache of fuel somewhere along their route in order to make sure they have enough to make the trip out and back.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Jeepster2

Post by Jeepster2 »

I like the 25 mpg rule of thumb. Now all I need to do is replace the trip computer that broke so I know what a mile is!

But... that's the least of my worries. I drowned the bike today in a huge mud hole. Water was in the carb bowl and everywhere. I hope my new top end isn't down-the-drain (no pun intended)!