Spark Arrestor Insert for FMF Power Core 2?

Got questions? We got answers....
jr111

Spark Arrestor Insert for FMF Power Core 2?

Post by jr111 »

Hey everyone - Recently repacked my FMF silencer and found out that it is a straight through design with no spark arrestor in sight. Yikes. Since the stickers are long gone, I never knew what the original owner put on the bike. Of course, I was hoping it was a turbine core 2 or Q - Forest Service legal.

So I guess I've got the the power core 2 (no forest service stamp). Does anyone know if FMF or anyone else makes a spark arrestor insert for this thing? Google shows some inserts but doesn't mention the power core 2.

Thanks in advance for any input, and have a great Memorial Day!
'02 KDX 220
'04 KLR 650
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Not that I've heard of.

Re: 'Since the stickers are long gone, I never knew what the original owner put on the bike.'

??

then...

no forest service stamp

As you say, Whatever stickers were there or not, an approved arrestor will have the 'USFS Approved' lingo stamped into the metal of the cannister.

You might try asking FmF about it. I've never gotten an answer from them ever...about anything (like a replacement arrestor for my TCII), and they have a reputation for lousy customer service..but 'ya never know 'til you ask!

There are arrestors made for some silencers:

Here!

Good luck finding something for it.

**edit**

Been looking around. There are aftermarket arrestors that will fit on a 2T silencer. Seems they don't stay on too good, though....complaint of them coming off who-knows-where.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
jr111

Post by jr111 »

Thanks for checking around. Will put a little time into modifying one of these screens.
'02 KDX 220
'04 KLR 650
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

You might check your local gendarme enforcement. I've read both: If you HAVE one, you're good, lableled or not, and it must BE lableled.

The rules say you have to have a forestry approved arrestor. They don't say they have to be labeled. The imprint on the pieces above should be fine..not necessarily the verbage stamped on the 'real' ones.

Link above used as an example. They fit a 4T can.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!