Front tire clampy thingy....

Got questions? We got answers....
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Front tire clampy thingy....

Post by Indawoods »

What in the heck do you call the tire chock that clamps on the front tire... I have searched eBay and the internet for every key word I could think of and no results! Well... I got results but not what I was wanting....

I though we discussed it here too... but the search turned up nothing also.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, It's what holds the front tire when you are hauling the bike in the bed of a truck or trailer... the one I'm looking for has a bar that goes over the top of the tire and then another bar you pull down to clamp said first bar down on the tire. Thus, not needing any straps.

Thanks!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

BIKE SHOE !!!

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That's it!!!! Thanks Trev!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

My pleasure glad I could actually help someone else out... :lol:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Blue shoe is the origonal brand. There are imitations, I've got one. But the origonal Blue Shoe is the one to get.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
kingsxjt

Post by kingsxjt »

Where can you get one?
2001 KDX 200
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Three up for auction on eBay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=50073

Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Thanks Ski... I already have a eSnipe out on one of the two this guy has...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

This unit and the fork air bleeders do more to save your fork seals from leaking than anything else I could name. Good luck winning the auction! I've got three of these on my trailer and love them! It's so cool to look in the rearview mirror and see the bike's suspension bouncing up and down as I travel along the road.
Jerry

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

GOT ONE!

Chapparral was the only place I could find one of 'em.... Well, for a reasonable price... $69.95

Nice to know it's new...cripes...the ones on eBay woulda cost the same after shipping. Besides...good excuse to make it over $100 for the free shipping and get an extra filter and some radiator guards! :lol:
Last edited by Indawoods on 10:21 pm May 18 2005, edited 1 time in total.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

What do you call this kind of mount so I can get some?

***EDIT*** Found it... Pingel Mount!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

kingsxjt

Post by kingsxjt »

What's the Pingel Mount for?
2001 KDX 200
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

For a quick release to remove the shoe from my truck bed when not in use. You use carriage bolts, lock washers and wingnuts....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

kingsxjt

Post by kingsxjt »

Cool!
2001 KDX 200