Factory Service Manual

Got questions? We got answers....
mars

Factory Service Manual

Post by mars »

Hi all,

I see I have a leaky fork seal. I'm pretty handy with fabbing tools, I guess I need to make that damper rod tool, shouldn't be much of a problem. Would like to get my hands on a service manual though, for fluid level and torque specs...

Someone certainly has one they can e-mail me. Online version is also fine.

I see alot of talk about the online manual through searching the forums, but couldn't find a link to it.

Thanks !!

Edit, sorry it's a '00 KDX220R and has the stock right side up forks.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Top of every page! Right side... :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
TWMOODY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Factory Service Manual

Post by TWMOODY »

I see alot of talk about the online manual through searching the forums, but couldn't find a link to it.

Just take your mouse and scroll to the top of this page.
Look left and look right and your KDX manual will be in sight :shock:
mars

Post by mars »

Do I need to pay ?

I was thinking more of a manual of the free variety...

:razz:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Good luck on that one.... :neutral:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
mars

Post by mars »

I'll just tear em apart and hope for the best.

:grin:
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Dude. Service manual is such a small investment compared to f'n up your ride. You'll spend more in gas and oil the first ride! I had to pay for mine and I bet most the guys here bought theirs as well. Yet, you deserve a free copy just for being you?

to each his own I guess...
mars

Post by mars »

I'm sure Kaw. wants like 150$ for a service manual on a bike that don't even exist anymore, lol, I can get 2 new Dunlops and a full tank for that...

Usually, on forums such as this one, people get together and scan in .pdf format the important pages of manuals, such as the couple pages about say a top end rebuild, or KIPS adjustment, or maybe fork seal replacement, wiring diagrams, carburator tunning....

You've never seen "how-to" type of articles on the internet at all ? Kinda find that hard to believe. If I've done a certain maintenance procedure and take a couple pics of how to do this procedure and post it on the net you are saying that this would make me a bad guy ?

I don't get it, but as you said to each his own.
barryadam
Supporting Member

Post by barryadam »

WOW!
I paid $25 from the dealer back in the day. I see they are about double that now. First search results for 99924-1181 was Ron Ayers at about $54.
Can't blame the difference on CDN exchange or duty/taxes/tariff.

Maybe try mail order. Good Luck.
"I hate heli-coils. They are like hospice for motorcycle parts."- BDI
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That is a big no no! :evil:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

AtomicKDX

Post by AtomicKDX »

Ok.

Sorry I didn't know.

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:That is a big no no! :evil:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It is Copyrighted material... and not meant to be givien away free... especially on my site.

If you wrote it... I would have no problem with it.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

AtomicKDX

Post by AtomicKDX »

Ok, got it. Thanks for clearing it up.

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:It is Copyrighted material... and not meant to be givien away free... especially on my site.

If you wrote it... I would have no problem with it.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

U can find downloadable versions online for 9.99 all day long. Cyclepedia is a great resource as well, and you can subscribe there for a reasonable price and have access to many manuals.
mars

Post by mars »

haha

I love the internet !

:)
lemmy

Post by lemmy »

>|<>QBB<
mars wrote:I'm sure Kaw. wants like 150$ for a service manual on a bike that don't even exist anymore, lol, I can get 2 new Dunlops and a full tank for that...

Usually, on forums such as this one, people get together and scan in .pdf format the important pages of manuals, such as the couple pages about say a top end rebuild, or KIPS adjustment, or maybe fork seal replacement, wiring diagrams, carburator tunning....

You've never seen "how-to" type of articles on the internet at all ? Kinda find that hard to believe. If I've done a certain maintenance procedure and take a couple pics of how to do this procedure and post it on the net you are saying that this would make me a bad guy ?

I just paid about $50 a few months back and then found it much cheaper later.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

>|<>QBB<
mars wrote:I'm sure Kaw. wants like 150$ for a service manual on a bike that don't even exist anymore, lol, I can get 2 new Dunlops and a full tank for that...

In your home... do as you will... I have nothing to say about it. People are always trying to get around things instead of doing it right... especially if they can get it free. You may be young and do not know yet that there are no free rides in life. Of course you're exploiting this site for free information too... Advice is one thing... asking for copyrighted material is quite another.

Good luck to you.
Last edited by Indawoods on 07:07 pm May 27 2009, edited 1 time in total.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

AtomicKDX

Post by AtomicKDX »

Indawoods runs a tight ship. Keep up the good work. :cool:
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

..you don't need a cartridge holding tool....

Short version:

Loosen the top cap, turn the fork upside down, squeeze it down, hit the base valve with a 14mm impact, take out the BV, cartridge will come out the top.

Torque specs? The bottom axle pinch nuts are 87ft/lbs.

:lol:

..I'm kidding! It's in/lbs.

I emailed you a copy!!

:neutral:

..kidding about that, too.

And it didn't come with CDR copies of the top 500 albums of all time, neither.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

I bought a service manual on ebay that came as a disk. I can print out pages and not have to worry about getting the manual grease stained. Comes in handy.
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER