POWER CORE 2

Got questions? We got answers....
2FAST

POWER CORE 2

Post by 2FAST »

Ok so now i'm about to order the silencer I have the gnarly wood's pipe and want the rest it's been itching at me and now onto the question is the power core2 silencer ALOT LOUDER'' than stock? were I ride loud is ok and no sparky needed BUT I don't want to be the annoying A-HOLE making kids hearing weak lol.And I would like to have the Turbine core but I see it's around $40 buck's more and could use that to go ahead and get the V-force reed's and cage and I for one would like my bike to be somewhat louder I have some kid' friends that live a a mile or two away and 2 of the just got a kx one 100 and other 85 got and that lil joker is LOUD to be stock but!!! it sound's great!!! Im friend's with there dad and there alway's over I take them along on ride's with me and 90% of the time I cant even hear my bike!!! so I would like to add a few more DB'S to the kdx tune. :mrgreen:
2005 KDX 200
2005 Raptor 350
2007 Grizzly 400
2005 Bruin350
1995 Bayou 300
1995 Magnum 425
1986 XR 250
saddletramp
Supporting Member

Post by saddletramp »

It's not much louder, maybe more of a race tone. Powercore is the non s/a correct? I'll sell you mine cheap if you want it. I like the drain bolt in the stocker, drain and go. PM if interested.
2000 KDX 200 97 KX 125 Front End
1996 CR 250
03 RM 65 2000 YZ 80
3dhunt
Supporting Member

Post by 3dhunt »

I have the Power Core II on my 220 and it is not loud at all. My grandsons kx 65 is loud, but mine is very quiet, you will like it.
Dewey
Supporting Member

Post by Dewey »

Usually if they are loud, they need repacked. Mine was loud when I got my bike, but after I cleaned the perforated tube and repacked, I was really surprised at how quite it was. The main thing is regular maintenance on your silencer just like the rest of your bike. If you are getting oil spoo out the pipe the same stuff is soaking in to the packing and then it gets baked hard and will completely stop up the holes in the perforated pipe.

I like mine!
Dewey
02 -KDX220
island220
Supporting Member

Post by island220 »

Had my turbine sound tested last week it was 88db, that was with fresh packing, the events we ride in this area allow 96db, also orv parks are the same, they are pushing for 94db, last year wa. almost passed a law for orv sound pollution, I hate to say it but that attitude is what is killing us show that kid you can be quite and fast. personally I would like to hear my bike also, cause I am very hard of hearing. but I like to ride so I try to keep it quite, ya never know someday you may be forced to ride at those orv parks someday