Removing Floating Ground, Help

Got questions? We got answers....
theckeler

Removing Floating Ground, Help

Post by theckeler »

I want to remove this floating ground on my 1995 KDX200 but think that this isn't even the stock stator and even sure if I can remove it. The white wire is the ground and is sealed up in resin with the winding (maybe indicates it's not a stock one?) Can anyone tell what stator this is? And if I can remove the floating ground? And if I can remove the ground how do I go about doing that?

Thanks

RBD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RBD »

Did someone do this for a DC lighting system and charging system for a full-wave bridge?

Ron
theckeler

Post by theckeler »

>|<>QBB<
RBD wrote:Did someone do this for a DC lighting system and charging system for a full-wave bridge?

Ron
Ya, they had all the dual sport stuff on there (with battery that was leaking), which was way beyond destroyed... I removed it all, got a stock reg, harness, and CDI. I hooked up the neg (floating ground), the white wire from the stator to the front rear lights. They work but really fluctuate a lot when the throttle is turned, it gets bright and dim. I assume that on a stock no modified KDX the regulator takes care of that and tries to maintain a certain charge to the lights so that fluctuation doesn't happen, correct? Know what I can do to get it all back to normal besides getting a new stator?
theckeler

Post by theckeler »

Wondering if I need to do this:
[img][img]http://www.consumedesign.com/misc/HPIM1784_2.JPG[/img][/img]
theckeler

Post by theckeler »

Working and working really well thanks everyone for their help.