clutch hub nut

Got questions? We got answers....
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

clutch hub nut

Post by Julien D »

Does anyone know the diameter and thread pitch of the clutch hub nut? The same nut is used on the crank as well. I came up one short when putting my stuff back together. doh! Hoping I can find something locally rather than ordering a $12 nut and paying 5 - 10 shipping for it!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Just asking...but if you're missing that, are you missing the washers (2) that fit under the clutchpack? They're easy to misplace and the clutch isn't going to work satisfactorily without 'em.

The online fiche says:

92015 92015-1581 NUT,16MM

Seems most of the time thread pitch on metric fasteners follows the diameter pretty much...saying you're not going to find an 8mm bolt with a .5mm pitch.

You WOULD want a hardened piece..and the OEM piece is flanged.

Maybe it's stuck to the bottom of your magnetic parts tray!!

BTW...it's not the same size as the rotor nut..if that's what you mean by 'crank'.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

That's the nut I'm after, yes. The nut that matches is on the RH side of the crank holding the water pump and main gear on the shaft. I had to replace that one too since I had to get new threads cut into the crank on that side. This bike was really a mess :|

I'll keep searching for it, it must be here somewhere!!! If not I'll most likely just order it.

J.