swimming Kdx

Got questions? We got answers....
2FAST

swimming Kdx

Post by 2FAST »

Sucky saturday!!! went riding saturday and on the way back had to cross a creek'' hard rock bottom slippery as owl shha-not got half way across and went down bike died the creek was just deep enuff to cover the bike it was under a few second's before I stood it back up pushed it to the bank took out the spark plug removed the air filter flipped her over pumped out what watter was in it got it back togather after about 100 kicks and alot of bad word's it started still spitting out some water got it home runs fine but that odd knock/clacking noise it makes seems to be louder maybe just being paranoid from what happened but it does seem louder is there anything I could have hurt??? Its running perfect changed bottom end fluid today and was grey but not bad at all I rode it back to the truck roughly 2-3 miles took it easy no hard revving. Is there anything I should check the noise gets dies out a little when I rev it but is LOUD at idle...
2005 KDX 200
2005 Raptor 350
2007 Grizzly 400
2005 Bruin350
1995 Bayou 300
1995 Magnum 425
1986 XR 250
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Change your tranny fluid the next few times after every ride. Sure..other things could have been damaged....but don't fret about it.

LOUD at idle? Like...as if the packing is soaking wet? :wink:

Keep that oil changed often..repack..ride.

I'd rather have wet feet than a dead bike. Nothing wrong with bull-dogging your bike across water. Hell...you can't SEE what's UNDER the water in most cases. If you KNOW it's a sand or gravel bottom...fine. When the rocks are as big as watermelons (and slick as that owl poop..not that I can say I know how slick that is), why even try it?

FWIW...probably the FIRST thing you want to do if your bike takes a dip is HIT THE KILL button. I made the mistake of thinking I was ok 'cuz my bike kept running..but standing it UP is when it got a mouthful. That's pretty much common sense...none of which I showed at the time. I had one thing in my head at the time...PICK UP THE BIKE!

Oh..something I didn't read but maybe you did. Taking out the plug, turning it upside down is all good. Take the plug out of the carby, too. Turn on the petcock (it was turned off, right?), let it pee a little before you put the plug back in.

That will probably get you started in less than 100 kicks..AND fewer bad words, too.

..although...where's the fun in THAT!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
2FAST

Post by 2FAST »

Thank's for the help I didn't think about the packing in the pipe that does make alot of since lol..And about that creek it's one of those deals were ya have to cross to get to the good riding it's about as wide as a half a foot ball field'' solid rock bottom with a few little drop's I went across it 5-6 time's since i've had my bike and every time I just knew I was going to drop my bike!!! this time it didn't even cross my mind until the bike started to fall then In my mind I was like OOOH :shock: HE!! MY BIKE.. all I remember was my flopping around in the water trying to save my ride It ran after it fell for a few second's I picked it up and fell back down twice once on top of the bike under water :evil: I was so full of panic to get my bike up I just could keep my feet down LOL. All while my brother and dad and friend's sit on there atv's cracking up :mrgreen: at me being stupid :blink: ...Thank's aging for your time..
2005 KDX 200
2005 Raptor 350
2007 Grizzly 400
2005 Bruin350
1995 Bayou 300
1995 Magnum 425
1986 XR 250
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Re: '..all I remember was my flopping around in the water trying to save my ride It ran after it fell for a few second's I picked it up and fell back down twice once on top of the bike under water I was so full of panic to get my bike up I just could keep my feet down LOL. All while my brother and dad and friend's sit on there atv's cracking up at me being stupid..'

Been there. If you're swimming to it or however you gott'a scramble to it (like you say, getting your footing may not be a timely option), hit that red button!! IMO and all...........

That is kind'a funny...for no other reason than I relate to it. Last time I went swimming with my bike..I thought I was through the part I had 1/2 a worry about..had my focus on the egress from the creek a handful of yards away. I knew the line was good 'cuz I'd just come across it from the other direction! Besides..Wibby had just crossed it.

Yeah. Real funny. Only an inch or two off the line that worked 'last time' won't. Work, that is. Hard to see your tracks, 'eh?

Re: Thanks aging?

You sayin' I'm old? Huh?

:hmm: Just 'cuz you're right don't mean you gotta wag a pointy finger at me 'bout it. :neutral:

Consider the source

Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Why do I know what that link is without even looking at it...........??

Gee...thanks Wibby!

2Fast: Notice I got as much help from onlookers as YOU did! :wink:

Consider the source

2FAST

Post by 2FAST »

Lol sorry about the typo I do good to just type some time my mind will be 90 other place's ADD :rolleyes: .And yea your group looked as helpful as mine lol.
2005 KDX 200
2005 Raptor 350
2007 Grizzly 400
2005 Bruin350
1995 Bayou 300
1995 Magnum 425
1986 XR 250
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

It was tough, to just sit there and watch

But I persevered and got it on tape!!
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS