Radiator Coolant Levels

Got questions? We got answers....
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Re: '..while reducing operating race temperatures by as much as 50°F..'

..as much as..

..which isn't to say that's normal. IF you run 180º, EngineIce isn't going to make it run 130º.

I'm not arguing the veracity of EngineIce's ability to reduce temperature..but 'as much as' is like saying, 'Shop today and save 40%, 50%, up to 60%...and MORE!..'

What the heck does THAT mean? If you can save UP TO 60%..then you can't save 65%. By definition!

Saying 'as much as' renders the statement senseless.

BTW...because something has a higher boiling temperature (than something else) doesn't mean it cools better. True..a coolant that is boiling is not an effective coolant, but it does NOT follow that a coolant that does NOT boil IS an effective coolant.

I.E.: Distilled water is a more effective coolant than ethylene (or propylene) glycol. It (water) transfers heat better....as long as it doesn't boil.

Riders that have used EngineIce like it as I recall. Some overheating problems (220's in particular) I also recall have never been completely resolved with the use of it or any other product.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
2FAST

Post by 2FAST »

My res stay's full never need to add stay's spot on..And while were on the cooling topic has anyone ever used them temp strips if so do they work? or how bout a vapor or which ever it is from trail tech that has a temp gauge I've thought a few time's about getting one but I am not sure if its any better than the endurance on my raptor and it lasted about a year and died comes on but the button's do not work and the number's stay on zero I've had it apart cleaned it up no luck..Any way any input would be great!!! O and im not trying to be a jack this post if it need's to be removed let me know and ill wipe it clean...Thank's in advance
Jeremy
2005 KDX 200
2005 Raptor 350
2007 Grizzly 400
2005 Bruin350
1995 Bayou 300
1995 Magnum 425
1986 XR 250
TWMOODY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TWMOODY »

I have a vapor, works good except you can't use the back light on it..
If you hook up the back light the tach goes screwy
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Re: 'My res stay's full never need to add stay's spot on..'

:hmm: Must be the ups and downs..and the UPS and DOWNS of riding around here. ...and then it gets steep. ..with lots'a rocks.

Ski's got one'a those strip things.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!