wiseco piston kits. do they come with everything?

Got questions? We got answers....
the trail rider

wiseco piston kits. do they come with everything?

Post by the trail rider »

my question is not towards the piston side but towards the gaskets do they come with all the gaskets and o rings to take the top end completely apart and clean the kips and all the covers and such? and put it back together with new gaskets? also I have never done the top end ( first time) do you have to have any special tools like to pull the piston pin out? also in the service manual it says use 2 stroke engine oil to coat the cylinder and piston and pretty much everything else to but is that premix they are talking about or is it a crankcase oil of some sort that you can't change? or am I completely off? just trying to clarify. appreciate the help. TJ.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Well, the first thing you need is a service manual. Then you need the piston kit and a top end gasket kit. The piston kit alone does not come with the necessary gaskets. I do think wiseco offers a top end kit that does have the gaskets you need though.

No special tools are really necessary. You can remove the circlips and start the wrist pin out with a matching socket. For lubricating the cylinder they are talking about 2 stroke premix oil. There is no oil held in the crankcase of a 2 stroke. There is plenty of debate about dry fitting or oiling the parts though. Take your pick I guess.

J.
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

I don't think the Wiseco piston kit comes with the rod small end bearing, either. When ordering the piston you'll need to order that as well.

The gasket kit will have some extra gaskets. Don't let that throw you!

There is lots of info on here about the pitfalls and tricks to a top end job.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
the trail rider

I meant to say the top end kit. from wisecos site it comes with piston, rings, circlips, wrist pin, top end bearing, and gasket kit for $231. I don't run race gas just race premix my bike likes it and runs awesome on it, tried the redline and my bike seemed to run like crap, like it threw it out of tune. I do have the service manual, it does do a pretty good how to on the top end tear down and rebuild, so Im not lost but if I have any questions I am pretty sure someone on here knows the answer.
get a lift, fat chicks can't jump!

when in doubt gas it!
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Yep. If you've got your service manual then you want to order up the parts and tear her down. If you get stuck anywhere for any reason, I'm sure someone can help you figure it out.

J.
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

You should make sure you have a 6mm open end wrench to hold the KIPS shaft while you remove the reverse thread nut on the end of it.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
the trail rider

also guys on break in is there like a how-to on that. I know you are not supposed to start it up and just go romp on it. as far as I understand it start it up let it idle for 5-10 minutes turn it off let it cool down. next start it up let it idle for 5 minutes go ride it with only up to a 1/4 throttle for 5-10 minutes let cool down, do 2 or 3 times. next start up ride moderately up to 1/2 throttle for 5-10 minutes do a couple times. next start up you are now officially allowed to gas it. does this sound right or am I missing a step or two?
get a lift, fat chicks can't jump!

when in doubt gas it!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Really? I start it and ROMP it! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Jeeeeez... not the break in debate again...

No other comment :lol:
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Yeah. I try to break them in. I usually make it through one warm up / cool down cycle, then try to ride at low throttle for 15 minutes or so. Good luck with that. It's just much too tempting to hammer back on the throttle after all your hard work!

J.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

>|<>QBB<
the trail rider wrote: ....am I missing a step or two?
Depending on who you ask...you're missin' 'em all.

Ask KarlP about it! Send'm a PM!! :mrgreen:

The old!:

The new!:

I found those two using google! But...mebbe my google is better'n yours!

:wink:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!