94 kdx 200 kips timing

Got questions? We got answers....
4x4fab

94 kdx 200 kips timing

Post by 4x4fab »

Alright, I am new here, but not a newby to forums. This seems like a typical newby question to me. However, I have searched for the last 3 hours with no luck. I'm sorry if this has been discussed.

I am rebuilding my kdx. I bought the bike several years ago and the motor was already disassembled. I am uncertain of the correct way to install the valves for the right timing. Remember this is a 94 KDX 200. I have found plenty of info on the new bikes, just not for mine. I know I should probably buy a manual, but this is the only time I would need it is for these kips valves, and plus I may not have the bike for very long.

Thanks for any help you can give me
4x4fab.com
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Even with the manual, it was tricky as I recall...

Not gonna have the bike long?

Good luck
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
4x4fab

Post by 4x4fab »

Yeah. I am completely rebuilding the bike. New bearings everywhere, new rod bearings, top end, kips valves, painting the frame, polished the swingarm, etc etc .... I'll probably ride this bike for 9-12 months when I plan to uprgrade. I'll likely buy a newer kdx or possibly a crf250x.

Really wish I could figure these valves out. If I just knew the position of the three valves and idle spur gear at idle, I could probaly figure it out.
4x4fab.com
kdxquebec
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by kdxquebec »

'89 KDX 198cc '03 Gasgas Ec250 '13 Husaberg Te300
*CANADA* LEADING THE WORLD IN BEING JUST NORTH OF THE UNITED STATES.
4x4fab

Post by 4x4fab »

>|<>QBB<
kdxquebec wrote:Maybe this link can help you?

http://www.geocities.com/a57ngel/moto/kips.html

THANK YOU, That is just what I need. Only thing is that my old or new valves don't have the punch marks they refer to. I can figure it out from that link though.
4x4fab.com