preparing for plating

Got questions? We got answers....
ogri

Post by ogri »

>|<>QBB<
KarlP wrote:I don't think you need to re-torque the head bolts.

Have you observed smooth operation of the KIPS mechanism while the motor is running?

The left hand slotted cover provides a convenient way to do that.

rode the bike at the weekend i could swear that its taking longer to come onto the pipe.that or a longer slower transition.will take the cover off as you've suggested and check.thanks.
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

"karl,it was rough in there.the left had rod went in easily.i had to clean the right side casting out.i wish now that i had been more thorough as the actuation of the kips felt a little stiffer than before the rebuild."

Any news on this? Stiifer after than before is not a good thing in this case.

I got caught up in this. I hoped it would free up over time. Nope.
I hoped it was my imagination. Nope.
I hoped I could fix it without taking the cylinder back off. Nope.

Does it sound like an air cooled 2-stroke when you come off throttle? Ring-ping-ping?

I wrapped emery cloth around a drill bit and polished the bore. All was well after that.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
ogri

Post by ogri »

>|<>QBB<
KarlP wrote:"karl,it was rough in there.the left had rod went in easily.i had to clean the right side casting out.i wish now that i had been more thorough as the actuation of the kips felt a little stiffer than before the rebuild."

Any news on this? Stiifer after than before is not a good thing in this case.

I got caught up in this. I hoped it would free up over time. Nope.
I hoped it was my imagination. Nope.
I hoped I could fix it without taking the cylinder back off. Nope.

Does it sound like an air cooled 2-stroke when you come off throttle? Ring-ping-ping?

I wrapped emery cloth around a drill bit and polished the bore. All was well after that.

my CCM clutch has started slipping.so a dismantle,check and replace may be needed.i'll get onto the kdx after i've finished with the clutch work.the bike does not ring-a-ding off the throttle.