chest protectors

Got questions? We got answers....
gtoron

chest protectors

Post by gtoron »

What are you guys riding with? I am thinking 661 pressure suite or rockgarden.

Looking at doing some enduros.

Thanks
SteveWR450f

Post by SteveWR450f »

I wear a protector that fits with my Lett brace. As I am getting older, protection is more important to me.

Knew I guy that had the 661 pressure suit. He liked it but he said it got warm in the summer.
WR sold. Now have 03 and 04 KDX 220s.
KXF 250 forks. RB Carb and Head. FMF rev pipe. Long live the KDX !!!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I am so torn on those things.... I hate wearing one. None of them fit good since they are made for your pixie MX racer types.

I have been looking for something light, airy, possibly with a camelback on it... you know... made for woods riders.

That's a tough bill to fill...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
lemmy

Post by lemmy »

I use the Knox Armor shirt that has chest, back, shoulder, and elbow protection built in.
sparkingdogg
Supporting Member

Post by sparkingdogg »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:None of them fit good since they are made for your pixie MX racer types.
i just bought a heat gun. send it to me, i will warm it up and put it on. then you can drink 8 cans of beer, guaranteed it will still fit! :mrgreen:
1999 KDX240 big bore street legal, 2008 KLX300R, 2002 XR250R stock, 1985 XL600R stock, 2001 KDX220 bone stock street legal, 1988 VN750 dresser, 1975 RD350 stock, 1983 GL650I Sliverwing Interstate with sidecar, 1975 Kawasaki F11 (early KDX!), about 15 other bikes that come and go!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

I wear an EVS ballistic jersey and I like it. Took a couple of ride 2 get use to it but I love it.
Got the "regular chest and back protector + an articulated spine protector (longer than my 661 chest pad I used to have). Good shoulder protection (2 of them: one tight to your shoulder and one that is "suspended" like other regular chest pads if that makes any sense) good elbow protection. The elbow tends to slip and turn but if you have a wifey that can sew, you can relocate them to fit your size.
I also like the kidney (/beer belly gut) belt (adjustable so fit all size :mrgreen: )
They are kind hot if you're not moving at all BUT the mesh it's mostly made of does a good job for ventilation. As long as you sweat and have a bit of air flow, you stay as cool as you would on any other chest protector (at least the one i had). If you stop and there is no wind, you can unzip really easy and it's all good.
I also use it when i go to the SM track/parking lot and goof around :busted: (will not protect you from road rash but will defenitely help in the impact department!)
I paid about 150 but i think they are 120 130 now. good deal, I recommend it, I feel confy and safe in it.

Wilf
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

>|<>QBB<
sparkingdogg wrote:>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:None of them fit good since they are made for your pixie MX racer types.
i just bought a heat gun. send it to me, i will warm it up and put it on. then you can drink 8 cans of beer, guaranteed it will still fit! :mrgreen:
Ya know... that is not a bad idea! 'cept for the 3rd degree burns of course! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

rick albert

Post by rick albert »

hi guys.....a new concept for protecting our upper body just hit our market last year.
its a full coverage AIR CELL (NO PLASTIC)chest protector its made by RXR ! and its real comfortable! due to no hard plastics digging into your body and to mention is very,very dangerous....i know for a fact,because back in december the week before x-mas i was riding in northern pa and i crashed and broke my scapula (shoulder blade). my ortho doc strongly thinks the injury came from the plastic shoulder cap and the backside of the chest protector digging into my scapula and snapping it..... so that sent me out on adventure to find a much better way other then using a conventional chest protector to protect my upper body...after a lot of blogs with a lot of injured riders, some AA rider asked me why i not using the RXR V.2 full upper body protector if i'm riding and racing in the woods. he to broke his scapula last year and now wares an RXR V.2. so anybody looking for something other than a coventional chest protector,i strongly suggest looking at the RXR products. :supz:
JUST RIDE !!!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

That Fly unit Inda linked to...the front of it looks to barely reach the bottom of the guy's sternum!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Hence... Chest? :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

sparkingdogg
Supporting Member

Post by sparkingdogg »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:>|<>QBB<
sparkingdogg wrote:>|<>QBB<
Ya know... that is not a bad idea! 'cept for the 3rd degree burns of course! :lol:
hmmmm, oh yeah... :doh:
1999 KDX240 big bore street legal, 2008 KLX300R, 2002 XR250R stock, 1985 XL600R stock, 2001 KDX220 bone stock street legal, 1988 VN750 dresser, 1975 RD350 stock, 1983 GL650I Sliverwing Interstate with sidecar, 1975 Kawasaki F11 (early KDX!), about 15 other bikes that come and go!
gtoron

Post by gtoron »

That EVS unit is available from some online people around a $150...seems to have got some good reviews
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

I bought a Moose for like $50 on clearance. Nice to have limbs not leave bruises, puncture a lung or knock the wind out of you. I bought a VERY cheap dime store "camelback" for BMXers for like $10. Freeze the water the night before and it stays cold for most of the day.
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER