COnfirmation of Kawi ID

Got questions? We got answers....
Byte

COnfirmation of Kawi ID

Post by Byte »

I live in Australia and bought this KAwi bike.

I need to confirm if indeed it is 1997 KDX220 or something else.

I get conflicting information and hope you guys can work it out.

Frame number DX220A 000072

Engine number KDX220 AE000588

I read elsewhere that the KDX220 was first made in 1994, but was not sold in the USA until 1997.

So, if this is true - when people talk about 1997 models - are they really 1994 models (and visa versa)?

Byte
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Let me give you some advice about this site. There is an absolute ton of info here... A Gallery and helpful people. It is one thing to ask an innocent question or two... it is quite another to want all the info spoon fed to you. So far many of the question you have asked are at your fingertips. Look around... if you truly come upon a question that can not be answered simply by looking through the forums, searching for it... then by all means... ask!

There is a fork conversion forum, a RB mods forum... If you read 10 threads in each and do not come to a better understanding as to why... I really don't know what to say....

I have never heard of a 94 220...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Byte

Post by Byte »

Thansk Indawoods :-)

When I ring up Kawasaki Australia and advise them of this frame number, they claim this is a 1994 model.

Is there anywhere on internet tha tshows me the year model for these numbers?

How do i know if I havn't got the 200 motor instead?

So - I dunno anymore.

Byte
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Kawasaki USA only gives info for bike imported here. So, I don't know.

Your serial numbers both have 220 in them.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "