DG pipe for 89-94 KDX200

Got questions? We got answers....
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

DG pipe for 89-94 KDX200

Post by Julien D »

Any opinions on the DG pipe for E series KDX200's?
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Good pipe. I had one. Seemed to be a midrange pipe.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I like midrange :). I'd be interested in getting a bit more of a "hit" out of my 200 though. I like that it looks tougher than the FMF or PC. I'm scared of crushing either of those. Since most pipe guards are ridiculously expensive, the DG looks like a nice way to go.

I'm installing some boyesen 607's this weekend. It's gonna be a bit before I can afford a pipe. Just window shopping right now and trying to decide which one to try. The only options are the fatty, PC, or DG. All of them seem to be about the same price.

J.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It is TOUGH! They are also more tucked in than any other pipe out there... Really good pipe!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Thx for the opinions. So you guys think it performs OK next to the FMF and PC pipes? I have modded my stock pipe by removing the inner wall, but it's pretty beat up. I had straightened it as much as I could while doing the mod, but it still looks like poo. :?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Just put a pipe guard on it! My FMF pipe has a dent in it... with the pipe guard it looks brand new! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Moose pipe guard was not very spendy and it is tough as nails!

Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Pipe has plenty of 'hit' with a little more bottom than a rev...Kinda like the PC. Dunno, never did back to back tests, but I liked it better than the PC I had on another E.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

>|QBB<[/url]
Mr. Wibbens wrote:Moose pipe guard was not very spendy and it is tough as nails!

Yup... got one on mine too! Takes the blows so your pipe don't have too....

I don't have the Moose guard but it looks beefier!

Monkey Butt Parts has a good deal on them...
http://www.monkeybuttparts.com/pk4/stor ... roduct=328

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Found a new DG pipe on fleabay and managed to pick it up for $100 shipped. At that price I just could not resist. My crank is off getting rebuilt, and my new piston rings and crank bearings/seals are sitting here on my desk. I also picked up some boyesen 607's and a few more jets.

I'm dying to get out and ride! Looks like I'm about 2 weeks out at this point. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel!

J.
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

:supz:
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I got the pipe today. It's definitely sexy. There was an installation guide stapled to one of the bolt holes that has a date from 1995 stamped on it. I don't know when the last ones were made, but this one is aged for sure. I guess it's been sitting on a shelf somewhere for about the past 13 years. Quite a score IMO. It's in great condition other than some of the finish coming off in places.

Waiting on the crankshaft to come back and I can reassemble the motor and the rest of the bike.

And here's the bike as she sits right now. Crappy picture, I know. Wife has misplaced the camera. This is what a blackberry will do outdoors at dusk...
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

No comments on the silver frame? I figured for sure someone would love it or hate it! lol.

J.
bagpuss

Post by bagpuss »

Looking good mate :supz: cant wait to see how it looks when you get back together

silver looks good on the newer ones cant see it not working on yours

Im at about the same point in the rebuild as you
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Thanks man. The finish came out alright. We sandblasted it, then I used several coats of primer and wheel coating, finished with some clear...