As of end of 08 season
01 200, Wiseco, FMF woods, TC sparky
42 pj
155 main
1174 needle 3rd clip
stock slide
32:1
500-1500 ft, muggy here in Michigan

Bike ran great! Safe, a little rich. Bike does 200 mile days and 40 mile loops of single track. From scream all day to lug all day.

Only change this winter has been 607 reeds.

I am going to play with the jetting and was considering changing ratio from 32:1 to 40:1 before I start.
How much change in jetting should I expect from the change in oil ratio?

Do the 607 reeds affect the fuel mixture from my previous settings?

Been reading on needles and slides as well. I don't know what I'm looking at though. Any good links?
Any recommendations for a worthy change for better, ummmm, everything? Or should I just cough up and go RB? :supz:

Just looking for ideas from the pros before I dig in. I have 40 42 45 48 pilots and 130 150 152 155 158 160 mains.

Thanks for looking!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Get RB'd! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

RBD and then work the jetting.

At the very least have RB do your cylinder head. IMO the best bang for the buck.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Boyesen wrote:Q: Do I have to re-jet my motorcycle if I install Boyesen Power Reeds?

A: To obtain optimum performance we recommend that you re-jet your motorcycle. Typically, the motor will go lean on the bottom and rich on the top with the main jet being most affected. See the Power Reed installation instructions for more jetting information.

Certainly that's a general statement based on what they've tested...and even if one of those testees was an '01 200...it wasn't your '01 (I assume), so:
They all wrote: Your results may vary!

This site provides information about KDXs designed to help users safely cope with their own riding needs. But information is not the same as advice -- the application of anecdotal information to an individual's specific circumstances. Although we go to great lengths to make sure our information is accurate and useful, we recommend you consult a professional, or learn enough to be one yourself if you want professional assurance that our information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation. We give no warranty, expressed or implied, as to productiveness of any information supplied, and will not be in any way responsible for the result. The information which you read here is GUARANTEED to conform with the description set forth on the label attached to the bag it came in within the recognized industry tolerances, when contained in the original KDXRIDER.NET bag during the valid period of analysis, to the express exclusion of all other warranties, expressed or implied, specifically including but not limited to, the warranty of merchantability, the exclusive remedy to purchaser is return of the purchase price of the information.... which was all free! So, you get nutt'in.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

Thanks for the replies.

Going to jet a bit, maybe RB over the next off-season. All project funds are spent at this time.

I realize my post was a bit long, just trying to give all the info so I didn't get a reply that said

How are we suppose to know what you are workin with without a full description? Main, pilot, needle, riding conditions, elevation?

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll give it a good workout with everything as it sits, and jet from there.