AXO Prime boots?

Got questions? We got answers....
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

AXO Prime boots?

Post by Indawoods »

Anyone try these? I just bought a pair... they were designed by the dude who designed the Alpinestar Tech 10's supposedly. Also, AXO will replace the soles if they need it...

Great reviews...

Got a hell of a deal on em... $149 shipped!

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
ThePearl

Post by ThePearl »

It's funny, I just watched a review of those on Motorcycle Superstore site today. They liked them but said they take quite a while to get broke in abd that the toe is quite thick and you will probably need to move your shifter up. I had to do that with my Answer Boots too.

They looks really comfortable though. Let us know how they are and if they are very waterproof.
2002 KDX 200
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

I got a pair for Christmas, they're black with the yellow side "stabilizer" or whatever it is (yours are red it looks like).

Pros

They're nice boots, very well put together.

Top quality buckles, they lock in place and to date haven't become unbuckled. I feel like my legs are being "encased"

I thought they broke in fairly well but I have to admit that a couple times a week I put 'em on and wore for a little bit which helped some. They ARE stiff at first . . . but aren't they all. Despite being broke in they've maintained shape well. On the tag you get with the boots the designer suggests that when you put them away to clasp the buckles to keep them from breaking in poorly (this actually happened with my last pair of boots). Read the tag.

Cons

Only one really. They ARE "thick", at first they feel like Herman Munster boots. The first time I tried to kickstart the bike with them on I was thinking "oh no", I couldn't feel the kickstarter. Then shifting was a bit of a problem initially. Moved the shifter up and it helped but then I had to strain to lift my toe to get the shifts because they were new and on the stiff side.

This last ride, though, I think I've gotten used to them fairly well. Finding neutral is still a little tricky but it'll come with a few more rides.

One more thing that may have something to do with my lower leg shape of whatever so it may just be me. I'm not saying this is bad, it's probably good from a safety perspective, but they have a "form fit" to them that's kinda weird. At first it feels like the boots are holding you up by the way they grasp your calf muscles/lower leg, almost like your feet aren't planted firmly in the sole of the boot. After a while, though, things start getting pretty comfy.

Bottom line - quality boots, well worth the price. I'm glad I've got them and I feel much more confident they're safer than my cheapo O'neils.

I bet you like 'em Vince!
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

How waterproof are they Jeb?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Not waterproof.

Despite having two little breather vents on the outside of the boot (little toe side) they stay dry even with lots of wet riding . . . UNLESS you pull a stunt like I did a few weeks back like stall in a huge puddle and end up standing there for some time.

Your picture shows where the vents are - look right in front of the bottom buckle (the little black spot is a "vent"). The other one is located forward of that vent but is facing the other direction, see the white knob where the little toe would be?
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
ThePearl

Post by ThePearl »

So maybe you would call them water resistant?

My current boots are Answers. I like the fit but when it comnes to water, I feel dampness starting when I hit the first puddle. I have wet feet every ride. If these stay dry riding through puddles, then they may be the right boots for me.
2002 KDX 200
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I've never had real vented boots before.... sounds like they would dry as you ride keeping your feet dryer over the duration....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

layoutd

Post by layoutd »

I just got a pair of these and wore them on Sunday. They were comfortable to me right from the start with no break in. Feet stayed dry through lots of water. More so than my last pair of fox pro comps. I like the extra velcro inside of the boots. Walking in them did not seem like a problem either.

At the beginning of the ride i had no feel for the shifter. Jumped straight onto some tight single track and missed a couple of shifts. no problem by the end of the day.

I was happy with my purchase, i also paid a low $140 shipped.
Eatin' ain't Cheatin'
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:I've never had real vented boots before.... sounds like they would dry as you ride keeping your feet dryer over the duration....
Yeah, you got the idea. Allows perspiration to escape. Besides the one incident the boots have remained dry.

CLICK FOR PICS!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Well I wore them all day yesterday to get them broke it. They were stiff but much better now. Very well made I must say and I think they will be a great pair of boot! :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

chris-1742
Supporting Member

Post by chris-1742 »

Indawoods....So how are they feeling with a few weeks in them and would you recommend??

I`ve been looking for that pricing but no luck....Ideas?
Thanks!
Old guy on 04 kdx 220
RB Carb and head
And all the rest.....
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

If you plugged the vents would they be more waterproof?
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
duson

Post by duson »

Inda,

Where did you find these for $149 shipped?

I'd love to get a pair, but cheapest I seem to find is about $100 more than that :sad:

PM me if you need to!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

eBay baby! :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****