Stator Rewind

Got questions? We got answers....
Little Jeff

Post by Little Jeff »

How does one go about purchasing one of your lighting coils? I do not have apaypal account. Also. would I have to increase my sparkplug gap?
Thanks again
Little Jeff
Riding with your buddies and an adventure, riding with certain individuals is an ordeal.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

You can pay through PayPal without an account with a credit card or PM me and I will give you my address to send a Money Order to...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Little Jeff

Post by Little Jeff »

Thanks Indawoods
Little Jeff
Riding with your buddies and an adventure, riding with certain individuals is an ordeal.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

3 left from this order....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

>|<>QBB<
Little Jeff wrote:How does one go about purchasing one of your lighting coils? I do not have apaypal account. Also. would I have to increase my sparkplug gap?
Thanks again
Little Jeff
You do not need to increase your gap but if you do... you will notice a perfomance increase in the performance of the spark .... it is very noticable.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

Do I have one coming? :grin: Let me know.

Been busy blowing out my fork seals at LBL :shock:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Sitting here waiting for payment! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

Send me a E mail with details please.

I will take care of it.

THANKS!!!! :supz:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Sent an invoice last night... :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

Payment sent. :shock: 4/17 am

THANKS!! :supz:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Got it Bro! :grin:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

2 Left before I can order more.... anyone?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

cwisk
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by cwisk »

Count me as a happy customer...just got mine installed and stock light way brighter at lower RPM, and remains bright w/ grip heaters switched on (even on the high heat setting!). With the old coil, was way dim w/ grip heaters on low & may have well been off with them on high.

When I actually get the chance to out for a full-on ride, I am going to play around with increasing the plug gap to see what kind of effect I get from the extra spark. Always fun to tinker with new mods!

Many thanks to Inda for dedicating himself to developing this sweet mod. In my mind, a fantastic bargain since I get way more power for less coin than any other existing (and limited) options. AND I have the spare stock coil on hand as well (vs. having to send it off and have it rewound) to either sell or restore the bike to stock.

A great new option to keep our bikes as modern and relevant as we possibly can in the sea of orange all around us! Can't wait to get some HID action going... :cool:

--ck
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

After a weekend of testing at Hatfield McCoy ... I can honestly say that the lighting coil DOES make a big difference in the lowend torque response. If it would start to bog in 3rd... I would just give it more gas and it would just walk out of it. It was a very cool thing to experience...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I wonder why that is? I know CC has reported the same magic, but I don't get how the lighting coil can affect the engine response other than adding flywheel effect from the greater reluctance of the coil.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

that makes two of us. Several people's real-world experience trumps my very limited knowledge of fields and such though... :lol:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Only one coil left....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

>|<>QBB<
Colorado Mike wrote:I wonder why that is? I know CC has reported the same magic, but I don't get how the lighting coil can affect the engine response other than adding flywheel effect from the greater reluctance of the coil.
I carefully and fully 'splained all of this before.....probably in this thread.

And after looking through all the pages, I didn't see it. So, it's someplace else.

Seriously..it weren't no explanation, just something I supposed.

Flux fields can be compressed. Seems that would happen as said field flew past the lighting coil. Any field compression would then UNcompress (expand) as it moved away from what squished it in the first place. Maybe the 'distortion' in that field effects the sparky coil?

I am a firm believer that it works...for whatever reason. Fredette thinks it works. Other KDX riders I know have had the same result.

My bike will fire a considerably wider gapped plug with an aftermarket coil in it. THAT is another advantage..that wider gap improves response, too.

It would be interesting to know how it all comes to pass. I don't. I DO know that it does happen..it is an unexpected positive consequence.

I'm still lollygagging on taking my Electrex coil out and putting Inda's in. I will have some voltage/waveform/current measurements to go along with the seat-of-the-pants impression when I take the time to swap it out. I've got some of them done...

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

All gone...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

4x4fab

Post by 4x4fab »

You gonna sell any more of these? How about the HID kit, you still working on it?? I'm very interested in both.
4x4fab.com