got wc frame guards?

Got questions? We got answers....
barryadam
Supporting Member

got wc frame guards?

Post by barryadam »

I've been searching and reading and scanning galleries, but have yet to see what I need.

Can anyone send me a picture of the RHS WC frame guard. I am cutting and re-welding the rear master cylinder reservoir mounting tab to make room for the brake switch banjo bolt, and need to see what that will do for the frame guards. The reservoir will be raised up about 1/2", and I will use a longer feed hose to the m/c.

If you can photo the outside and inside of the top of the RHS WC frame guard, either on or off the bike, I will be forever in your debt.

Thanks

Barry

P.S. I'm working on a 2001 220R.
"I hate heli-coils. They are like hospice for motorcycle parts."- BDI
plb

Post by plb »

Hi,

I have a KDX220r 2001 with a red taillight / switch brake.

I use a Work Connection frame guard and a brake switch for my taillight. You must welded a new part to the left of the frame guard to fit everything. I hope my picture will help you.

Modified frame guard:

Standart frame guard without the modification:

Red light on a Maier MX rear fender:
barryadam
Supporting Member

Post by barryadam »

thanks plb for the pics. I'm trying to figure out how you mounted the reservoir. Did you reverse it and bolt it to the added tab on the frame guard? That would just displace the reservoir to the rear about 1/2" and use the same feed tube.
Can you take a picture of the backside of the frame guard after the modification to show the reservoir?
I was planning to cut the frame tab and re-weld it about 1/2" higher so I would probably need to cut clearance in the top rolled part of the WC guard. Or just un-bend the top.
Your solution may be easier.

Thanks

Barry
"I hate heli-coils. They are like hospice for motorcycle parts."- BDI
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I just used spacers on mine so it would clear.... done.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
plb

Post by plb »

Did you reverse it and bolt it to the added tab on the frame guard?
Yes.

Sorry, I don't have a beter picture (for the moment).