Information ? DGK brass needle jet and shaved carb slider

Got questions? We got answers....
longshore58

Information ? DGK brass needle jet and shaved carb slider

Post by longshore58 »

Last week I got a whopper KDX parts lot off of Flea-Bay (all 1992 stuff)that include an excellent carb.

A buddy wants to scavenge the large/top screw on cap ......so I take the carb apart and was looking at the slider and the needle.

Took the brass needle out and after looking closely for some ID part marking that it is a DGK.

I've done a fair amount of research on these bikes / and set-ups various riders have on their KDX 200 E-Series bikes.

I do not at this point know much at all about the brass DGK needle that I discovered it the carb.

I'm going to be rooting around the carb on Wednesday when my new V-Force Delta 2 reeds get here .... I"ll install them with the system that was also in the parts lot I got.

(Super helpful customer service people at Moto Tassinari)

I would very much like to know any information you gentlemen have about the brass DGK needle as a possible (??? upgade ???) for the 1173 needle currently in the carb and whether or not it would be advantageous to give it a try.

I'll probably get the RB carb treatment soon enough but right now I'm trying to identify the best route to go with what I already have on hand.

I also noticed the slider length on the parts lot carb was different by a large degree from what I believe is a stock slider on the bike when I bought it.

I can't remember which one appeared shaved but I believe it was the carb with the brass DGK needle.

What performance advantage does a shaved slider offer??

Hope someone can help if possible.....Thanks