It's Alive!!

Got questions? We got answers....
Little Jeff

It's Alive!!

Post by Little Jeff »

I was finally able to fire up my 2000KDX200. This little bike has been through quite a lot in it life. Like lack of any kind of maintenance. When I bought the bike, I had every intention of tearing it completely down and rebuilding from ground up. Engine has been rebuilt, bottom and top including replating from Millienium Technologies. EFM auto clutch, Frame and swingarm powder coated, brand new RBmodded carb and cylinder rework for race fuel, 607 reeds, new FMF Gnarly pipe and SA, Weisco piston, new front and rear fenders, suspension has been totally rebuilt w/new springs for my weight, wheel bearings,etc...... Finally put a gallon of VP C-12 w/conventional 2 cycle oil. Fired up on second kick. Went through a couple heat cycles and adjusted carb idle and such. Sounds pretty good. A little noisier than my KTM300EXC '02, but it's music to my ears. Only a couple more things I need to do like reebuild entire break system, mount the back wheel, and get my seat back from having a new cover put on it. When it is completely done, I will post pictures.
Little Jeff
Riding with your buddies and an adventure, riding with certain individuals is an ordeal.
Little Jeff

Post by Little Jeff »

I spoke to soon. It's also Friday the 13th. Seems I have a small coolant leak. It's coming out of the weep hole right next to the coolant drain bolt under the water pump. I'm not sure if it;s the mechanical seal that is leaking or what, but either way the right side engine cover has to come off. How hard of a job is it to replace those seals in there? It looks like in the oem fische that there is bearing, oil seal, mechanical seal, o-ring and then the impellar and shaft. Do you need special tools to drive out those seals and such?
Little Jeff
Riding with your buddies and an adventure, riding with certain individuals is an ordeal.